48-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Haz's POV

I awoke to the sun shining through the open window, a beer bottle with less than a swig left still in my hand. Tom was sitting on the counter, his credit card in his hand.

"Mate stop!" I shouted spill what little was left of my drink on the couch, Tom practically jumped out of his skin and knocked over his glass of water.

"Bloody hell Haz," Tom said as he moved his computer out of the danger zone and grabbed paper towels.

"Don't buy the tickets." I stated.

"Why?" Tom asked as he mopped up the water.

"She texted me last night, her crazy boss needs her to take over this weekend. She's gonna be at work from five am to eight. I told her that there would be other times and not to feel bad about it. She's crushed."

"Ugh." Tom groaned running a hand through his messy curls. "I don't know when I'm gonna have time again, the schedule is crazy for the next couple months."

"Sorry mate." I said quickly texting y/n.

"Do you think she's free to talk for a bit?" Tom asked flipping his phone in his hand.

"Text her." I said before clicking send. The plan was a go.

Since everything was sorted out, I turned my attention back to myself. I had beer on my shirt and my stomach was growling like a beast waking from hibernation. I looked and sounded like a mess. Tom walked off to his room, his phone to his ear and carrying a conversation with y/n, so I decided to jump in the shower hoping to look presentable for the events that were coming.

Tom's POV

"I heard your boss is making you run the store over the weekend, that sucks." I said, fact-checking Haz's story. It wasn't that I didn't believe him, it just was that something didn't feel quite right.

"Yeah. She's preggo and off her meds. It's a really fun time." She groaned, I could hear her eyes rolling from here.

"Does Andrew still work there?" I asked remembering back to the whole incident.

"Yep. And somehow, I've managed to muster enough self-control to not kick him. Haz would be proud." She added with a laugh, and she wasn't wrong.

"What was that?" I asked referencing the rather loud and automated voice in the background of the call.

"Oh, that's Andrew trying out a new speaker system we got for karaoke nights. He's currently murdering 500 Miles by The Proclaimers. Let's just say that my ears are bleeding." She laughed. I felt a ping of something in my chest, I didn't want to say that it was jealousy but Haz would tell me that it was, and he would be right. I was jealous of the fact that he was there with her and he made her laugh. I didn't care that it was at his expense, a laugh is a laugh.

a/n: it's the song that goes: "But I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more, just to be the man who walks a thousand miles, to fall down at your door..."

"I gotta go, Mary just stormed in here and she has smoke billowing out of her ears." Y/n said quickly.

"Talk to you soon?"

"Definitely. Bye Tom."

"Bye."

She hung up and I tossed my phone, cringing as it hit the headboard. I had a feeling that Haz was hiding something from me, but the conversation I had with y/n make me think that he wasn't hiding something that involved her. He was in the shower and I was very tempted to snoop through his phone.

I walked out to the kitchen and grabbed the box of cereal that still sat on the counter. I stood at the counter scrolling through my phone and eating dry cereal right out of the box when I noticed that Harrison's phone was stilling right there, only a mere foot away, begging me to snoop through it. The water was still running in the bathroom and I reached out for it.

Don't do this, it's his phone, his business.

Do it!

Don't!

DO!

"Did." I said aloud as I grabbed the Samsung. I didn't really understand how to work them, and I still didn't know why Haz hasn't switched to an iPhone. I opened his phone and was met with a bunch of icons that I didn't recognize. I clicked on one and realized that I had opened his email, his email was boring. Texts are where the dirt is. I clicked all around the screen trying to close the app but there wasn't a home button. Hell, I even pressed the back of the phone hoping that something would close the app.

"What the hell are ya doing?" Haz asked in sweats and a t-shirt. I was so focused on trying to get out of one damn app that I never heard the shower turn off.

"Nothing." I said, my voice a few pitches higher than usual. I slowly put his phone back on the counter.

"Uh huh."

"I got stuck in the fuckin mail app. Samsung needs to invest in home buttons, makes it a lot easier." Harrison laughed, clinging to the counter for support.

"If that isn't the most Apple user complaint, I don't know what is." He choked out between laughs.

"I'm just sayin'" I said as I put the cereal back into the cabinet.

"Uh, you gonna clip it?" Haz said raising an eyebrow.

"Thanks, mum almost forgot." I replied rolling my eyes while shutting the cabinet leaving the cereal unclipped.