40-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Tom's POV

Thoughts like those raced through my head. The sound of her laugh, her smile, I could hear and see everything about her. I wanted to see her, but a part of me was saying, turn around, go back home and sleep on this. Go back to California and think about this. You should have asked her if you could come up, what are you going to do? Show up at her door like some rando who wants money or something?

I pulled over almost giving into that part of me who thought that this was a stupid idea. I looked up at the sign that read Welcome to Leeds. An internal battle was being fought and one side couldn't get a leg over the other.

"Haz I need your help."

"Did you finally realize how stupid you are."

"Seriously."

"Fine. Hit me."

"I don't know if I should do this. I can't randomly show up at her front door after months of not seeing each other and hardly talking, can I?" I asked, my breath hitched.

"I mean, not really, but its y/n, I don't think she's gonna slam the door in your face."

"But what if she does?"

"Well, then you'll know that this was a stupid idea. But if she doesn't..."

"I made the right choice."

"And then I would lose two hundred pounds to Harry."

"What?" I said very confused.

"Ugh, a year after you and y/n stopped talking, Harry and I made a bet that you two would never get back together, I didn't think that it was going to happen, but Harry did."

"I can't believe you two." I groaned leaning back into the seat.

"Hey, if you thought you were going to get two hundred pounds easy, you would have done it too."

"No." I lied.

"Liar."

"Haz, should I keep going?"

"Look I don't know mate, this is your relationship, not mine, and you always knew her better."

"Yeah, I might have known her better seven years ago, but now..."

"How far away are you from her place?"

"Twenty minutes at the most."

"Ya know what, maybe I could text her and ask her rhetorically what she would do if you showed up at her door."

"She's not dumb Haz, she's gonna know that you aren't talking rhetorically."

"Whatever." He replied.

"Don't do it, I'm just gonna say fuck it and show up."

I pulled up to the entrance of her flat, and I didn't see her car parked along the side of the street. I decided that it would be best to text her and see if she was home.

To: Y/n

T: Hey I was wondering if you wanted to talk today? When are you free?

Y: I'm at work right now, I can talk around 5 when I get back to my place.

T: k!

Thankfully she didn't think anything of the text, so as long as Harrison hasn't told her anything the surprise will still be a surprise. As the time inched ever closer to five p.m. my heart rate picked up, thoughts that were already passing through my head were speeding past.

What am I going to say?

What am I going to do?

Should I change into something other than sweats and a t-shirt?

Should I get her flowers or something? Girls like flowers, right?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by bright headlights shining in my face. Shit! I thought. I looked at the clock and saw that it read six. I got out and walked up the front steps, glancing at the directory. Her flat was on the third floor flat 2. I ran up the stairs, taking them two at a time, making my heart beat faster than it already was. I looked at the pale blue door, a brass two shone in the light. My hand hovered over the wood, Fuck it. My fist made contact with the wood, the sound of my knocking echoed quietly through the hallway. I held my breath, my heart in my throat.

"I'm coming." Her sweet voice slipped under the door, knocking what little air remained in my lungs out.

"Hey." I said softly as she opened the door.

I promise, I will always come to you.

Truth.

part 41 comming Monday 2/18