37-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Tom's POV

I hung up the phone call, smiling like an idiot. The clock read twelve twenty, I had to be at set in less than an hour for an early morning shoot. We had been on the phone for hours, getting everything off our chests. It felt good, it felt like I could take deep breaths again, it felt like a weight had been lifted. But I also realized how much I missed being able to talk to her, I missed her making her laugh so hard she doubled over, I missed being able to see her smile stretch across her face, I missed everything about her; I left her in that hospital with no explanation, I left her like I did seven years ago. I didn't want to fuck it all up this time. That's when I made another stupid decision, but this time it was for a very good reason.

Y/n's POV

"Oh my god Tom, it's what? Like two in the morning for you? Go to sleep." You said when you looked at the clock.

"I'd rather be talking to you." He said simply.

"Go. To. Bed." You heard him trying to hide his yawn.

"Alright, you win this time." You could practically hear him smiling through the phone.

"Goodnight, Tom."

"Night, Sunshine. Okay, that was a very contradictory sentence, wanna debate it?" He asked.

"We both know that you are just saying that because you don't want to go to bed."

"it's not the going to bed that I don't want to do, it's the hanging up."

"Go to bed Tommy." You said rolling your eyes.

"Okay, I heard that." He said, trying to sound offended.

"Heard what?"

"You rolled your eyes at me."

"What? No, I didn't." You lied laughing.

"Yes, yes you did."

"Maybe I did, go to bed." You said biting the inside of your lip.

"Night, Sunshine."

"Good night Tommy." You put your phone down on the bed. Now it was time to deal with the snake that had wormed her way into your life.

"Who the fuck, do you think you are?" You said storming into the living area, smoke might as well be pouring out of your ears.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." She said nonchalantly still scrolling through her Instagram.

"Cut the crap Addi, I know what you did."

"And what did I do other than save you from a lifetime of pain and broken hearts. Hmm, I wonder what Andrew will think about you talking to your ex for hours?"

"You need to get the hell out of my apartment right the fuck now."

"Fine, but just remember what he did to you years ago, I'm willing to bet my life savings on the fact that he's gonna do it again, and just remember you don't deserve his love."

"Leave now." You demanded, pointing sharply to the front door.

"Woah, calmyour titties, I'm just getting my stuff." She said as she very slowly started grabbing her stuff.

"I'll throw it into the street for you, I really should just burn it though." You said clicking your tongue.

"God, I should've blocked Harrison's number in your phone too. Do you think he's up for that date though?" She said.

"The fuck no. You have literally ten seconds to get out of my sight or I'll call the cops."

"Damn someone is a little grumpy, are you PMSing?" She said with a belittling tone to her voice.

"Get the fuck out, I never want to see you, or hear from you again."

"Have a nice life too, and I can't wait to watch you try to find someone to put you back together after he breaks your heart again." She said walking out of the door. "Oh, and fuck you too." She said holding up her middle finger as she walked down the hallway, her heels clicking manically.

"You wish." You said before slamming the door. You slid down it until you reached the floor. So much had happened in the last three days, it was all so overwhelming. You realized that you probably won't be able to explain it all to Andrew, especially since Addi was probably on the phone with him right now. You sat in a lonely apartment, your best friend turned out to be a backstabbing psychopath and the only two people who could possibly understand this all were supposed to be sleeping right now.

I promise, I will stay up all night and talk to you if that's what you need.

Truth.