5-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Do you remember laughing for hours together?

You looked back up at Tom's window as the light went off. You felt an ache in your chest, he used to call or text you every night when he went to bed. You got up and walked back inside your house. Your mind drifted back to the article talking about Tom at the movie theater, you found yourself wondering if he still remembered you the way you remembered him. You walked up to your room and looked out the window facing his room once more. You changed into loose shorts and a t-shirt before climbing into bed. You let your eyes close as you found yourself thinking back some years ago.

"Come back here Sunshine." Tom said laughing as he ran up behind you with the garden hose. It was summer the temperature soaring as the harsh sun beaming from overhead. You were running through the Hollands back garden trying to evade Tom who had made it his mission to get you soaking wet. You took your flip flops off and threw them at him, hoping to escape up the tree. It was hard to climb the big tree while laughing harder than you had ever before.

"I swear to god y/n." Tom said playfully as he shook his head. You had climbed up to the hiding place you'd created a few weeks back. Tom shut off the hose and sprinted back to the tree, "I'm gonna get you Sunshine." He said as he climbed the base of the tree.

"I'd like to see you try." You said with a laugh as he climbed higher and higher in the tree.

He climbed up and sat next to you on a sturdy branch, probably twenty feet off the ground. You looked out at the world, the houses of your neighbors got farther and farther apart, and the trees of the forest formed a dense green expanse.

"I wonder what's out there?" You said still looking at the treetops.

"Well, before this summer's over we should find out." Tom said smiling. "Race you to the bottom."

"Oh, you're on Holland." You said as you quickly traversed down the tree. The both of you were laughing as you raced down the tree. Tom swung into the tree house, "Tommy, that's cheating, you have an easy way down." You whined as you still swung from branch to branch.

"Ugh, Sunshine, you can't let me get away with anything can you." Tom complained but a smile still crept onto his face. You watched as he walked to the door of the tree house and leaned out to grab a branch.

He grabbed the branch with both hands. "Fine, I won't take the ladder down you ha-"

"Tom that branch is not strong enough." You cut him off worry painted your voice. But the warning came too late, and Tom was too competitive to use his common sense. The branch snapped and you gasped as he fell to the grass. You sung down the ground faster than you'd ever before, worried Tom had hurt himself. You dropped to the ground and rushed to his side.

"Tommy," You started before he cut you off with his laughter. "What's so funny?" You continued as you joined into the laughter.

"You sounded so worried, sure it hurts like a bitch, but you don't have to sound like my mother."

Tom rolled onto his back and laughed even harder. The two of you laid there on the grass of Tom's back garden and laughed for what seemed like hours.

Nikki, Tom's mum walked out on the back steps, "What are you two laughing about now?" She asked with a smile as she walked towards you.

"T-Tom fell out of the-" You started but you couldn't finish your sentence for you were laughing too hard. You pointed at the tree and Nikki gasped.

"Thomas Stanley, must I keep telling you to stop doing stupid things in that tree house of yours?" She said placing her hands firmly on her hips.

"Mum, I'm fine." Tom said with a smile.

"Well, the trail of blood leaking from your nose says otherwise." Nikki bent over and held out a tissue. Tom took it and held it to his face, it quickly was stained with Tom's blood. Tom looked back over at you and smiled, "Battle scars, Sunshine." He laughed his beautiful laugh. "Battle scars."

You opened your eyes; the bright morning sun was streamed through the window. You walked down the stairs rubbing your eyes, "Hey y/n, how late were you up last night?" You mum said standing by the stove.

"Not that late why?" You asked confused.

"I could hear you tossing and turning all night." She stirred the eggs making them sizzle.

"Sorry, just a dream I guess." You said as you sat at the table. Tessa was barking at the fence separating your yard, you got up and walked onto the back porch investigating what she could possibly be barking at. You peered over the fence not looking up when you heard the sliding door open from the Hollands house. You looked up half expecting it to be Tom, but much to your surprise it was Harry.

"He y/n sorry, she must be on the scent of a squirrel or something." Harry said apologetically as he took Tessa's collar in his hand. You smiled and headed back towards your house, you found yourself wishing Tom was the one who came out and talked to you.

I promise, for you, I would do anything.

Lies-