28-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

You reread the last line again, I promise, I will always love you. Most of you wanted to believe it, but a part of you didn't. Sure, his explanation was okay, but you weren't something that he would break instantly you weren't so fragile that one look would shatter you into a million pieces.

"Hey y/n how's it going?" Andrew said popping his head into the room.

"G-good." You responded trying to compose yourself.

"Uh, okay, um, I'm gonna go now the kitchen is finished." He said pointing towards the door with his thumb.

"Okay."

"Do you want me to come back tomorrow?

"S-sure why not."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"I-I'm gonna go."

"Bye."

"Bye."

You let out a breath as you heard the front door close. Sure, Andrew was great, but things weren't effortless like it was with Tom. You cursed him out silently for setting your standards too high and looked around at your bedroom. The sun was setting casting a soft glow on the brown boxes that still littered the floor.

"Screw it I'm going to bed." You said aloud, throwing your hands up in the air. The boxes would have to wait until tomorrow.

-

"Hey, have you found the letter yet?" Harrison asked on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, why?" You asked cautiously, afraid of what he was going to say next. The sun shone brightly through the still undressed window as you sat on the floor digging through boxes.

"Good."

"I don't understand why I needed a letter, and I still don't understand why you lied to me a few months ago when you said that he wasn't not interested anymore. God, I can't stand either of you! You both come around whenever the hell you want to, we get close again, and then you both pack up and leave with little to no explanation."

"Let me explain-" Haz cut in.

"I'm tired of this! Tom was right in the letter, I deserve someone better than him, someone, better than both of you. Please, both of you never try to contact me ever again, not even with fucking carrier pigeons. I'm done."

"Bu-" Haz started but you cut him off.

"Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone." You gasped at how easily those words flew out of your mouth. You had sworn to never say those five words again and the just slipped out smoothly, like water over river rocks. You hung up the phone.

Harrison's POV (recommended song for the rest of the chapter: Better by Declan J Donovan)

"Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone." My eyes widened and I glanced over at Tom who had been listening to the conversation, hoping he could talk to her. I could tell those words hurt him, each like a dagger to the heart. Y/n ended the call and I let the phone fall out of my limp hand.

"Mate," I said quietly, watching his every move. Wheels where clearly turning a mile a minute in his head, his breathing was slow, but he was blinking faster than usual as if to prevent tears from overflowing.

"She's right, she deserves someone better than me. I'm terrible at relationships, god I'm terrible at everything." He said angrily, a single tear traced down his cheek, its trail glistened in the light.

"Mate," I said again, still unsure what to do.

"I'm gonna go for a walk." Tom said getting up from the couch. When his back was turned to me, I saw him rub his eyes again.

Tom's POV

I walked out of the house and down the street. I had gone back to LA last month with Haz and everywhere I turned I found fans of the paparazzi. What little privacy I had was shrinking by the photograph taken by the paparazzi. Tomorrow was looming over me, a full day of shooting with hardly any breaks, making my mood worse than it already was.

Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone. Her sharp and cold words played over and over in my head, each word still felt like a bullet to my chest. I remembered something she used to say, "history will repeat its self unless we do something to change it." Well, history just repeated its self, and I was on the receiving end of the words that caused so much pain.

I looked around at the winding road and tall palm trees. Everything about LA was so different from England, I felt so, out of place. Like a blue crayon in a box of red. My phone buzzed in my pocket, it was Harrison, he was probably worried about me, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to him right now. He would try and convince me to come back to the flat, drink some beers and forget the rest of the day, but I didn't want to forget I wanted to remember. I wanted to remember what each word felt like when it pierced my heart, I wanted to remember how five little words could destroy someone from the inside out. I wanted to remember what it felt like to have my heart broken again but this time by her. I wanted to remember what it all felt like so I would never hurt someone like I hurt her.

I promise, I will never hurt someone like I hurt you.

Truth.