30-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Tom's POV

Three days later

For the past three days I've been having these, I really don't know what to call them, like vision things. I would basically have flashbacks and they messed me up for the rest of the day. I didn't know what triggered them, mostly it was little things like a word or a smell. Needless to say it was very annoying.

"Come on, the light is fuckin green, that means fuckin go!" I shouted at a sedan that was in front of me at a stop light a few blocks from the flat. The driver finally went, and I parked on the street. A car drove past with its windows down, music blasting. The song that we used to listen to on repeat floated in the wind even after the car was long gone.

"Happy birthday y/n!" I said with a huge smile on my face. I pulled her into a tight hug, the smell of her lavender shampoo filled my nose, I inhaled again before letting go, part of me wanted to hold her all day, never letting go. I turned around and grabbed a small box off a table that sat to my right. Inside was a necklace with a sun pendant, that I had found when my mum dragged me with her to the jeweler.

"Here, take it." I said holding it out to her. She took the box and looked in my eyes, I looked right back into her beautiful y/e/c eyes and watched as the sunlight filtering through the leaves cast shadows on her face.

"I saw it at the shop when my mum dragged me with her. It made me think of you, Sunshine." I explained, she smiled; good she likes it, I thought. "Can I help you?" I asked gesturing to the necklace. She nodded and pulled up her hair, a few tendrils still hung at her neck. I walked behind her and fastened the clasp; my hands were sweating, and butterflies filled my stomach.

"Race you!" She said as she turned to face me before taking off in the direction of the tree house.

"Not If I get there first!" I shouted before I sprinted to catch up to her. Before she managed to reach the ladder, I wrapped my arms around her torso and lifted her off the ground, spinning her away from the tree house. I took a few steps away from the tree house and set her down on the grass. Her laugh was like droplets of water in the sunlight, and her smile, that damned smile.

I snapped out of it and ran full throttle to the ladder and managed to make it to the tree house before she had a chance to climb through the window.

"Who's the greatest?" I asked a smile playing across my mouth.

"You cheated, cheater." She said trying to seem angry, but her smile cracked the façade first, then a laugh.

"You're just jealous, maybe I'll be nice and let you win next time, Sunshine." I said smirking, I knew I had managed to annoy her, and I liked it.

I realized that somehow, I had managed to make it to the front door of the flat. Harrison was standing in the doorway looking at me, assessing each induvial feature on my face.

"You alright mate?" He asked before stepping to the side and letting me walk into the entryway.

"Uh, yeah, yeah." No, no I was not okay.

"No, you are not okay, what's going on?" Haz asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine. I'm going to bed." I said before walking to my room, Haz said something in protest but I ignored him and flopped on to the bed.

Thoughts were still racing through my head, snippets of the past bombarded my heart and mind. I closed my eyes and let them hit me full force, hard enough to let a few tears to trace across my cheekbones. I knew Haz was standing in the doorway, watching over me like my mom did seven years ago.

I promise, hurting you always hurts me more.

Truth.

a/n: i know that this chapter is shorter, BUT next chapter is pretty long, (ab. 950 words) sooo yeah!

Hope you liked it!