3-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Do you remember when you told me you loved me?

It was now six o'clock, you had an hour to get ready for this date Aaron wanted to take you on. You walked up the old wooden stairs to your room and stood in front of your closet, browsing the different outfit choices. Aaron didn't give you much information about where you were going and what you were going to do other than to dress nicely. You had been dating Aaron for months now, but you still found yourself questioning every little thing when you were with him.

The doorbell rang, it was probably Aaron here early for the date. You pulled your hair into an elegant ponytail before heading down the stairs.

"Hey," Aaron said as you opened the red front door. "You ready?"

"Yeah, lemme grab my phone." You said walking to the living room.

You got into Aaron's car and sped down the road. "So, are you going to tell me where we are going?" You asked.

"I'm taking you to dinner and a movie." Aaron said sounding rather proud of himself.

"What movie?" You asked hoping it wasn't a Marvel movie; You always loved Marvel movies, ever since you were a little girl but when Tom landed Spider-Man you started avoiding any and all Marvel movies that he might be in.

"Avengers Infinity War, what else?" Aaron said excited.

You let out a deep breath, too late now to fake being sick to not go. The dinner was great, Aaron took you to a little Italian restaurant a few blocks from the movie theater. "Are you excited for the movie y/n, I know you love Marvel movies," Aaron said as the two of you walked out of the restaurant.

"Yeah," You said, hoping he would buy it.

You walked down the dark street shoulder to shoulder with Aaron, "Y/n, uh, I know we haven't been together for very long, but, eh, I just wanted to say, uh, I love you." Aaron said nervously. You began to feel dizzy, which was never a good sign.

"Y/n where are you going?" Tom said smiling, you took his hand and lead him through the forest.

"Where are we going?" He said again with a laugh.

"It's a surprise." You answered, you were taking him to a little clearing you found a while back during a game of hide and seek with the boys, they never found you.

You came upon the small stream that ran along the side of the clearing, cross the river take one hundred and forty-one steps then walk right for sixty-seven. You stepped onto one of the larger stones in the river, letting go of Tom's hand.

"Please fall, please fall." You heard Tom mutter under his breath, you spun around to look at him.

"Why do you want me to fall?" You said with a laugh.

"I want to get a picture of you soaking wet," He replied laughing. "It would be hilarious."

"That's not nice, love, didn't your mother teach you manners?" You started, "You know what, maybe I should push you into the stream, your brothers would think it was hilarious."

The two of you laughed chasing each other around the forest. Somehow you managed to lead him to the clearing, "Wow," Tom said.

"I know right." You replied returning to his side, the late afternoon sunlight filtered through the trees casting a soft yellow glow, white and yellow flowers danced in the soft breeze.

Tom pulled you into his arms, and kissed the top of your head, "This place is almost as beautiful as you." He whispered into your hair. You looked up at him and smiled, you kissed him and when he pulled away he said; "I love you."

"Y/n, y/n are you okay?" Aaron said worriedly as he looked in your eyes.

"W-what happened?" You asked.

"I have no idea, we were walking down the street and you just stopped. I turned to look at you and your eyes were like, glazed over. Did you have a seizure or something, should I, like, take you to the hospital?

"No, Aaron I'm okay now." You said trying to ground yourself back in the present.

He had his hands on your shoulders as he looked deep into your eyes.

"Let's skip the movie, how does a walk through the park sound?" Aaron said taking your hands.

"Sounds great."

You walked three blocks in the opposite direction of the movie theater, with each step you found it easier to breathe. Aaron slipped his hand in yours as you strolled through the entry to the park. The big lamps cast a yellow glow on the cement path, and frogs croaked from their resting place in and near the pond.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Aaron said looking back at you.

"Aaron I'm fine, you can stop worrying." You responded looking up at him.

"Please tell me this has nothing to do with that Tom guy-" Aaron said before you cut him off.

"Aaron, Tom is a thing of the past, I just want to be here with you." You said wishing it was true, you tilted your head up and kissed him. "I'm okay."

He smiled before squeezing your hand twice, he led you towards a bench along the edge of the path. You sat down and leaned your head on his shoulder, "Tonight was great." You said looking out at the lights of the city. If you crossed your eyes a bit, they started looking like the stars you could see from the clearing in the woods. You took a deep breath and forced those thoughts out of your head, that was six years ago; stay in the present.

I promise, I'll always love you.

Lies-