29-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Tom's POV

When my eyes had dried, I walked up to the flat. Haz was still sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone. "Hey mate." He said not even looking up.

"'Ey."

"I was thinkin' about ordering take out, what do you want?"

"Not hungry."

"I'm getting you food anyway."

I just groaned on my way to my room, thoughts still flying through my head. I laid down on my bed listened to the sound of the trees rustling in the wind.

"-please—no no, listen to me, he loves you-" Harrison was on the phone with someone and I was pretty sure it was y/n.

"Who the hell are you talking to?" I asked popping my head out of the door way.

"Uh, no one." He said almost dropping the phone. "Food will be here soon."

"Okay." I said as I filled a glass from the tap.

When I got back to my room, I laid on my bed, almost spilling my drink in the process. My head started to spin, and the real world faded out.

"Tommy, where did ya go?" Her laughter sparkled like water droplets in sunlight.

"It's hide and seek, I'm not supposed to tell you." I replied from the top of a tree that surrounded the clearing.

"Ugh! I'm not as good at this as you are." She retorted.

"Practice makes better, love." I watched her spin around in a circle throwing her hands up in the air. The afternoon sunlight filtered through her beautiful hair, making it shine. She acted annoyed but a gorgeous smile was plastered on her face. That damned smile.

That smile flipped my world on end, that smile made my heart beat twice as fast as it should, that smile turned my worst days into the best, that smile could make me change my mind in an instant, I knew I was going to miss that smile someday, I just didn't know I was going to miss that smile so soon.

"Ah I think I got ya!" She shouted climbing the tree next to mine. I let out a chuckle as she pulled herself to the top. "Hi there Tommy."

"Hi Sunshine."

"I'm coming over." She said as she slid out on the branch. I held my breath hoping the branch wouldn't break, it was a long way down. Somehow, she managed to clamber on to a branch connected to my tree. She sat on the same branch as I did, leaning her head against my chest. "I found you."

"Yes, yes you did." I chuckled before kissing the top of her head.

We sat there watching the sun slip slowly behind the treetops. The birdsongs faded as the remaining orange glow from the sunset turned into stars.

"We should head back soon." I said still holding her to my chest.

"One more minute." She said looking up at me, that damn smile.

"Fine, one minute." I said before kissing her forehead. I hated to think that this was going to be one of the last nights we were able to sit here watching the stars together. Tomorrow I was going on a trip with my family for the rest of the summer holiday and when we got back, well you know what happened.

Harrison snapped me out of whatever I was in by knocking on the door frame to my room. "Hey mate, how are ya."

"Well I don't know mate, how am I?" I snapped.

"Well," Haz started as he sat on the edge of my bed. "I think you are hurting, and I don't blame you. But it's kinda your fault, you left and didn't come back, and you had many opportunities. Every day when I walked into y/n's hospital room she asked me with a smile if you were coming today, every day I had to rip that smile away because you weren't coming back. You hurt her just as much as she hurt you, and she gave you two months to do or say anything and you didn't."

"But-" I cut in.

"There aren't any buts in this situation Tom, the hurt you are feeling is by your own actions, just like it was seven years ago." With that, Haz stood up and walked out the door. (Can I just bud in and say MIC DROPPPP) He was right, this is all my fault, it was always my fault.

I promise, I will always miss you.

Truth.