1-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Do you remember what you used to call me?

You woke up in a cold sweat, the blanket was lying on the floor in a pile. You wiped the single tear that had managed to trace its way down your cheek. The last conversation between you and Tom had still played in your head on repeat, his cold words still stung. You sat up in your bed and looked out the window. You saw Tom's blinds still shut tight against the bright morning sunlight. You didn't know if he was home with his family, or in LA shooting his next big-shot movie. You got up and got dressed for the day before you went downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey sunshine, did you sleep well?" Your mother asked. You grabbed the counter to your left praying your legs wouldn't give out as you got dizzy.

"Happy birthday y/n!" Tom said with a huge smile on his face. He pulled you into a tight hug, you felt so comfortable in his arms, you wanted to stay there forever. He pulled away, a giddy smile stretched across his face from ear to ear. He turned around and grabbed a small box off the table to his right.

"Here, take it." He said holding it out for you. You took the box and looked in his chocolate brown eyes, you watched as he waited for your response. In the box was a necklace that hung from a delicate silver chain, the pendant was a sun with my birthstone in the middle.

"I saw it at the shop when my mum dragged me with her. It made me think of you, Sunshine." He said still smiling. The necklace was beautiful, you made a silent promise to yourself to never take it off. "Can I help you?" You nodded and pulled up your hair. The brunette boy walked behind you and fastened the clasp, his fingers brushed against the back of your neck; butterflies filled your stomach trying to escape.

"Race you!" You shouted giggling as you ran towards the tree house.

"Not If I get there first!" Tom shouted before wrapping his arms tightly around you, he spun around, you still in his arms, towards the house and pushed you in the opposite direction of the tree house. The both of you were laughing hysterically, as you climbed up the ladder behind him.

"Who's the greatest?" The boy in front of you asked as he sat on the floor.

"You cheated, cheater." You said trying to be angry, but it was Tom you were talking about, you could never be mad at him, or so you thought.

"You're just jealous, maybe I'll be nice and let you win next time, Sunshine." Tom said smirking, he knew he had annoyed you, and he liked it.

"Y/n are you okay? Are you not feeling well?" Your mum asked worriedly. You looked around the kitchen and smelled pancakes on the griddle.

"Uh, yeah sorry, I'm fine just lost in my thoughts." You said with a small laugh. You hoped your mum wouldn't keep digging. You sat down at the kitchen table and started eating. The flashbacks didn't happen often, but when they did you were shaken up for the whole day. Every time you had a flashback you wished that they were real, all you wanted was to go back in time and figure out where you went wrong, figure out what you did to make Tom hate you.

Your phone buzzed in your pocket. It was a text from Aaron, your boyfriend.

Aaron:

A: Hey I'm thinkin about heading out for the night wanna come?

Y: Where?

A: It's a surprise

Y: Pick me up at 7?

A: yes, wear something nice

Your mind went back to Tom for a second, Stop it y/n that was six years ago.  You forced yourself to snap out of your thoughts, today should be a good day.

I promise, I'm always here for you.

Lies-