43-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Tom's POV

"I don't want to hurt you." Y/n said looking down at the ground, when she looked up there was genuine sadness and a touch of fear in her eyes.

I didn't know what to say, so I just gulped down air. She could never hurt me, but I was afraid that I would hurt her again, she used to say something like, history repeats its self, and so far that has been completely true.

"Y/n," I started, unsure of how to continue, but I wanted to say something.

"Look, Tom, I get it. It's fine. But we lead different lives now, you aren't the little boy from Kingston anymore and that's perfectly fine." "You aren't the little boy from Kingston anymore." Those words cut deeper than anyone could foresee. That's when I realized that I had made so many promises and I broke them without even a second thought.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry for all of the promises I broke y/n. But can we just be friends? I need you." She looked at me, uncertainty painted her features. She gave me a weak smile before shutting the door to her flat, leaving me standing in the hallway.

I couldn't decide whether that smile meant yes or no.

Y/n's POV

The door clicked shut and all I wanted to do was sit in a dark room and let my thoughts consume me, but Andrew was still here.

"So... how was your walk?" Andrew asked from the couch, he knows something.

"It was fine." You snapped.

"It looked a lot more than fine to me." Andrew retorted. You looked at him confused. "So, that's Tom huh?"

"Were you following me?" You asked feeling invaded.

"Not that long, but long enough to see you with your tongue down his throat. I guess that everything that happened in the past wasn't a big as you blew it up to be." You were offended.

"You have no idea what happened between us."

"Well, it couldn't have been that bad if you were just snogging him like the world was ending."

"Get out."

"What, no."

"I said get out!"

"Look, you can relax, it's fine I don't really care, I'm much better looking than him.

"Ha! In your dreams Andrew. Now get the fuck out!" You screaming match had attracted the attention of your neighbor who knocked on the front door.

"Woah, chill girl. I'm going." Andrew said as he grabbed his phone off the kitchen counter. "Have a nice life." He finished sarcastically. He threw the door open and slammed it shut behind him, rattling the paintings of the walls. You sat on the wooden floor in silence, shock enveloped your body. A soft knock echoed through the silent flat, it was probably Ms. Leeway from next door checking in on you. You opened it and found someone you weren't expecting.

"Are you okay?" Tom asked, worry in his eyes. "I wasn't standing out here and listening or anything creepy like that, I promise." He added, a lighter tone to his voice.

"I-I don't know." You said answering his question. "Andrew followed us."

Tom chuckled, "Creep. I take t you weren't very happy about that."

"You could say that." You chuckled.

"I'm just glad that you didn't go full psycho ninja on him, boy that would take a long time to explain to the police." You looked down and smiled. The events that had happened in the last three hours were overwhelming, a complete 180 was made.

"Do you want anything? Tea, water, coffee?" You asked, stepping aside so Tom could walk in.

"I'm good, thanks." Tom said as he clasped and unclasped his hands.

"Why you nervous?" You asked chuckling as you poured yourself a cup of tea.

"Uh, I'm not." He answered still clasping his hands.

"Then what's going on?" You asked pointing the metal spoon at him, a blush crept on to his cheeks.

"I-"

I promise, I will always talk to you.

Truth.