22-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

"Hey Harrison, Tom couldn't make it today, again?" You asked as Harrison strode into the room, Tom was still nowhere to be found. He hadn't been at the hospital for a few days, Haz managed to make up an excuse for him every time but you knew there was something up.

"Something like that." Harrison said looking down at his shoes. Something was up and you determined to find out what it was.

"What?"

"Oh, n-nothing." Haz replied nervously. Dante quietly sneaked out of the room after checking your chart picking up on the fact that some shit was most likely to go down.

"You can say he's not interested anymore, its fine. I had to learn to live without him for six years, I am perfectly capable of doing that again." Haz looked up at you, hands clasped in his lap.

"It's not that."

"Then what is it? He got tired of playing with my heart, he's done that before." You thought back to Wednesday when Harrison ran down to the cafeteria to get himself an early dinner.

Tom stood next to you supporting your good arm and an arm around your waist as you walked slowly around the small room. The both of you walked over to the window and you looked down at the expanse of cars below, the late afternoon sun shone down causing the sea cars to shine too.

"It's pretty ain't it." You said.

"Well, there is something else in this room that is a lot prettier." Tom said before turning his head to look at you, "I've missed you."

"I missed you too."

And the next thing you knew your lips were moving against each other's, just like they did six years ago, the feeling was so familiar. Your head was telling you to stop but your heart wanted more, your heart wanted him to sweep you off your feet and carry you off into the sunset. Your heart wanted you to be truly happy again, and with him you were.

You pulled away from the kiss resting your forehead on his, "I missed this."

"Tell me about it." He said with a chuckle.

"No, he just had some stuff to deal with." Haz said snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Like what?" You pried.

"Personal stuff."

"Well if it was really personal then why do you know about it." You pressed further. Haz was going to break, he had to break.

"Maiaisbackandhehastofixeverthinghefuckedupwithherorshe'sgonnadumphisstupidass."

"What?" Finally, You thought.

"Maia is back, and he has to fix everything he fucked up with her or she's gonna dump his stupid ass." Your mouth opened, does Haz know about the kiss? You thought.

"Shit, I've turned into the kind of person I promised I would never be." You said aloud accidentally.

"And what kind of person would that be?" Harrison asked, suddenly very interested.

"I ruined his relationship."

"wha-" Harrison's eyes went wide in shock. "What happened?"

"I don't even know at this point, he kissed me I kissed back, I had no idea he had a girlfriend or anything and now I'm freaking out too thanks a lot." You said in one breath, your heart started beating faster as thoughts flew through your head. This is all your fault, this is all your fault.

"W-wait hold up. There was a KISS!" Harrison said surprised, "I can't believe Tom didn't say anything about this. I've been waiting my whole life for this glorious day."

"None of this is glorious Harrison, I ruined everything again."

"Shut up."

"But it's true, I messed up everything years ago and I did it again, people say history repeats its self and it did."

"What happened six years ago wasn't your fault at all. Tom made a stupid mistake and I'm sure he told you that he regrets it, a whole hell of a lot. Who knows, maybe Tom will break up with Maia, or Maia will break up with him, but that kiss could be the start of a new chapter for you and Tom, scratch that, a whole ass book." Harrison said as he sat on the edge of his chair, leaning over to you. "He loves you y/n, and nothing could even change that."

You let a small smile creep onto your face, it felt good to have someone tell you six years ago was your fault; for you had been blaming yourself for that fateful day ever since.

I love you y/n and I promise, nothing could ever change that.

Truth