Chapter 5

Finally! The day is over and I can go to my bed. I closed the door behind me and headed to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Hey Rose." She jumped almost dropping the bowl she was carrying.

"Kyla" she breathed. "You scared me." That's weird, Rose isn't the scaredy cat type. She's always attentive.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to." I closed the fridge and went closer to her. "Are you okay?" She nodded but I didn't believe it. She seemed nervous.

"Yeah I'm okay. How was school?" I finished drinking my water.

"Good. Let me go and change." Maybe when I come back she'll be ready to tell me what is going on with her.

"Kyla wait. You have a visitor." I frowned.

"Who? Grandpa?"

"No but the visitor is in the study. I'll take your bag you go see him." She took my bag and rushed out.

I walked to the study and was met by a familiar face.

"Ronald?" I closed the door behind me after getting in.

"Miss Davison finally you're here." He stood up and gave me a hug. He is the family lawyer. He was always so formal when addressing me.

"What are you doing here?" He motioned for me to sit and that's when I realised the man next to him.

His silky rich ink black hair cut short and combed neatly made him look smarter with the black Armani suit he wore. His clean shaved face weirdly reminded me of dad. He must also be a businessman but what is doing here? And who is he?

I couldn't help this weird feeling of him being familiar. Have we met? Or maybe he was a friend of dad's? He looked too young to be his friend though. He looked like he was in his mid twenties or something. Maybe I saw him in the funeral. I was face down all the time so I don't remember anyone who attended and most of them were business people they worked with. I tried to think of where else I could have seen him but no luck.

"Miss Davison the Will hasn't been read yet. It's time it was read." Oh that. I had forgotten about it.

"Okay but shouldn't that be a private thing to do?" I looked at the stranger in the room. He just stared at me blankly, with no emotions whatsoever. There's no way I'm going to guess what is going through his head.

"Oh this is Caleb. He needs to be here don't worry you'll understand once we start." I frowned and looked at him again but he was looking away now.

What is going on here?

"Isn't grandpa needed?" I asked.

"He said you needed to hear this alone." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion getting confused.

"He did?" Ronald nodded. "Well let's start because I'm so confused right now." Why would I need to read the reading of my parents' will alone? I asked myself.

"Rose and Jerry, they're needed as well." I texted Rose to come over with Jerry and two minutes later they arrived.

"Okay since everyone is here we'll start. I'll start by saying I'm really sorry about the loss Miss Davison." I nodded and he continued. "This is the last Will and Testament of....."

He went on and started reading the Will which mentioned that almost everything was left for me. Of course for now since I was under eighteen I couldn't access anything without grandpa but in six months I'd be free. I'd legally own what my parents had, including the house, a few other properties, thirty five percent of the company shares although I asked myself where the other thirty-five went to because mom once told me they owned thirty five each and the rest were shared amongst other share holders.