Chapter 65

Week 29: The head is getting bigger to accommodate the growing brain. The baby weighs 1.4 kilograms and is 39 centimetres long.

________________________________________

I walked into the dorm Sunday evening with Clyde following behind me. We had to come back since we had classes the following day. Hazel and Megan were already in their dorm since they left earlier. Hazel had to finish up an assignment. I threw the my keys into the bowl and threw myself on the couch.

"Should I make you a sandwich?" Clyde asked heading to the kitchen. I giggled.

"No I'm fine." I said and he headed to his room instead.

I turned the TV on. A movie channel popped up. My phone rang before I could even look at the title. I checked at the caller and it was Alec. I frowned and blinked a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Alec? I still have his number?

Well you never deleted it.

The phone kept ringing until I evenytually picked up.

"Alec?"

"Hey Ky." He greeted. "How are you doing?"

"Um I'm fine thanks how about you? Are you okay?" His chuckle resonated in my ear.

"I'm fine Ky thank you for asking. Um I called because I wanted to apologize for not calling Saturday on your birthday. I was actually out of the country with my family." He explained.

"You remembered." I scoffed.

"Of course I did. I even got you a gift from where we were at." I chuckled.

"Really?" He chuckled as well.

"Yes I hope you love it." I smiled softly.

"Thank you Alec to be honest I am surprised you still wanted to talk to me and give me a gift." He laughed lightly.

"It's been six months Kyla. I am over that and you should too." He said.

"I know." I said almost in a whisper.

"So are you home?" He asked.

"No I um.... I moved to campus so I am not at home anymore." I said.

"Oh I thought you still lived in the manor, I guess you're in your favourite university's campus in New York." I giggled when he mentioned that. I was also surprised he still remembered. "It's still the one I know right?"

"Yup it still is." I said. "How about you come over here so you can give me my gift. I can text you my location."

"I think I'm about thirty minutes from the school so I'll probably be around your school after thirty minutes." He explained. I wondered which school he ended up choosing.

"Great I'll text you my location then and I'm not in the actually campus you know but it's still under school supervision." I said.

"Oh it's okay. I'll wait for your text then." I hung up and did as I promised that moment. Clyde came back with some warm slippers in his hands. I looked at them and I realised they were actually mine.

"Here." He handed them to me. "I read pregnant women's feet get swollen a lot so you need to take those booties off." I giggled lightly.

"Where did you read that?" I asked taking off my shoes.

"Google obviously." He said mockingly.

"I'm surprised you went there to read about pregnant women." He laughed lightly.