Chapter 48

Week 12: The fetus is around 5.3 centimetres long from head to bottom and weighs about 58 grams, the size of a lime. The fetus can move in response to pressure in your abdomen but it's still too early to feel any movement.

________________________________________

We all arrived in the Miller mansion in Liam's shiny black SUV. What's it with rich people and black cars? I had noticed this when I had to choose a car from one of my parents'. I obviously picked a black one as well. Even when I was still in highschool, I always wanted Jerry to use a shiny black SUV. Always.

Upon entering the multi million dollar mansion, a pregnant woman welcomed us. I instantly knew she was the stepmother.

"Hi guys." She said in her chirpy sweet voice. "You're finally here." She gave us all hugs.

"Hey Christelle." Meg said. "Okay this is Kyla my best friend since childhood and this is Hazel." She looked at Hazel and smiled. "My girlfriend."

Thank Goodness they didn't break up. I was so scared to ask in the car so I just decided to keep quiet.

"Oh hey girls. Nice to meet you my name is Christelle. I'm sure you already know what I am to Megan." We gave her a nod.

"Nice to meet you too." Hazel said.

"Oh she's a Brit." She looked amused.

"Yeah she's from London." Meg said.

"Oh Liam." Christelle smile at him but he ignored her and climbed the stairs. He must be headed to his room. "Right." She sighed in disappointment.

"He's still not talking to you?" Megan asked.

"And there's no hope of him doing so anytime soon." Hazel and I shared a look.

"Are you at least going to join us at the table?" Megan yelled at her brother since he was a little further from us.

"Yes." He answered still climbing the stairs.

Christelle led us to the dining area. She looked very beautiful and young. I'd say she's in her early thirties. Mr Miller sure did get someone younger as a replacement.

"Your father is in his study, he had to take an important call but we'll start dinner soon." She told Meg.

I looked around the house and so much had changed since the last time I was here. The staff had taken our bags into different rooms. We all sat down and waited for Mr Miller.

"So Hazel how old are you?" Christelle asked.

"Eighteen."

"Oh and you are in the same school as Megan and Kyla?"

"Yeah. I'm studying human psychology." She said proudly.

"Oh that's lovely, a mind doctor I see." They both smiled.

"So Christelle what do you do?" I asked.

"I'm a junior paediatrician in Crawford Medical Clinic." Oh a child doctor.

"That must mean you're a sweet hearted person because kids are a lot of work." We all giggled.

"Well Kyla I love kids, I think they are so sweet that's why I am happy to be having mine." She brushed her belly.

"That's so sweet." I said.

"What about you? What are you intending to be?" She asked.

"Neurologist. I love medicine." I said.

"Oh lovely. We are all doctors and doctors in the making except for Megan." True. Daddy's girl.

"In my defense, I hate the smell of hospitals." We all laughed at her words.