Chapter 40

Week 4: The embryo is now the size of a poppy seed and starts to burrow into the lining of the uterus.

________________________________________

Zach and I sat on the apartment cool floor. Starring at the wall. Our minds thinking hard. That moment was when I actually notice that I had missed my periods for about two weeks now. Gosh why was I careless? I should have noticed.

What was I going to do now? Quit school? Well I can always hide the pregnancy for the time being. What about Caleb? He's going to be so disappointed.

It felt like my world came crushing down in just a second.

"Kyla" he called. "I'm sorry." He said. Honestly I didn't blame him for any of this.

I'm the one who should have bought birth control pills. He tried to stop me when I said I was ready but I just didn't listen. I should have.

God I didn't say I was ready for a child. Not now.

"It's not your fault." I said not looking at him. I could feel his eyes on me. Trying to pierce through my blocked mind.

"I can't stop feeling guilty that I have to put you through this. You're just a freshman in college and you're already a mom. I don't know what to say exactly I wish this wasn't the case for you." I forced the tears back by inhaling sharply.

"Well unfortunately it is the case so we just have to find a way forward. Obviously I cannot hide this baby forever but for now I'm not showing so I still have time to figure things out." I heard him sigh deeply next to me.

"We have to tell Caleb." I almost stopped breathing when he mentioned his name. Fear came over me immediately.

"Not now." I saw him through the corner of my eye looking at me again.

"The sooner he knows the sooner he accepts. I don't want my child to be born in a toxic family." I finally looked at him.

His eyes carried a lot of worry, hurt, fear but I still saw love. My heart melted just looking at his eyes. I felt new hope again. New strength.

"Zach I'm seventeen. If you tell Caleb he'll get you arrested. He said he'd kill you if you tried anything with me. I know him, he'll spiral out of control and do worse when he finds out I'm pregnant." I explained.

"You're going to show soon and obviously you'll have to explain who is the father." I touched his hand.

"After my birthday. I'm pretty sure I won't be showing by then. It's just two months away you remember that right?" He nodded. I touched his face. "I cannot afford to lose you right now. I can take you guys fighting but not him taking you away from me." He pulled me to his chest.

"No one is going to take me away from you or our baby. Okay?" I nodded and laid on his chest.

...

I walked back from my last class of the day headed straight to the parking lot.

"Kyla Davison?" I looked at who called my name and my eyes met with blonde messy hair. Tall body structure, clean face, long nose, clean white straight teeth. A cute smile too.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"You don't but obviously everybody knows Caleb Davison's little sister." He smiled. "Oh my name is Clyde."

"I see." I walked off to my destination before I was interrupted. I was supposed to meet with the girls.

If I'm being honest I was not in a mood for these people asking for pictures or trying to start silly conversations with me since I was Kyla Davison. I had way bigger problems than entertaining anyone right now. A freaking fetus was growing inside of me and I had to figure out how to tell Caleb or even how to hide from him until I tell him he's going to be an uncle.