Chapter 27

"Thank you for taking me to this place Ky I really enjoyed that massage." I filled the car with my giggle.

"You're most welcome now you pick a place you want to have lunch at." I fastened my seatbelt and then started the car.

"Really? You'll eat wherever I choose?" I gave her a quick nod. "Okay, turn right by that salon." She fastened her seatbelt.
"You're going to direct me? So that means I don't know the place?" Her smile convinced me otherwise.
"No it's just that I want to surprise you." Oh.
"Well okay. Let's go then."

Lord I hope she's not taking me to somewhere I don't like.

...

"Le Bernadin?" I got out of the car reading the name in huge letters at the top.

"Yeah. You're surprised aren't you?" She giggled taking her bag out.

"I mean I was totally not thinking about a seafood place. You sure you want us to come here?" I furrowed my eyebrows and cringed my nose, and that made her laugh even harder.

"You're so funny Kyla. Come on you'll love it I promise, they have good food here. It's not only a seafood restaurant." She grabbed my arm and I followed.

I was hit by the smell of fresh fish the moment I walked in.

"Welcome to Le Bernadin." The lady at the reception started.

"Hi. Can we get a booth or table for two?" Rose asked.

"Yes. Right this way please." She showed us to the left and we followed her direction.

Rose and I occupied the booth by the window, sitting in front of each other and a blonde waitress came immediately wearing the biggest smile.

"Good afternoon ladies, welcome to Le Bernadin." She handed us our menus.

"Thank you." We both said in unison.

"Please let me know once you have decided on what to order." She smiled and left us to ourselves.

"Well what do want to eat?" I turned my attention to Rose.

"I don't know. I just don't think I'll like anything, you know how I feel about crabs and oysters. Yuck!" Rose laughed at my frowning face.

"I know but there is a fried foods section I know you'll love something there Kyla. Honestly I came here for that too." We both giggled.

I opened the menu and skipped to the section that caught my attention.

"Fried oysters? Oh hell no." I looked at Rose and she laughed taking my menu.

"Leave everything to me" she looked around and spotted a waitress. I noticed she's still the same one that gave us our menus.

"Ready to order ladies?" She smiled taking her memobook and pen out getting ready to write down what we wanted.

"Okay we'll be having the seafood turtle pasta, Bouillabaisse, carpaccio with bread." The waitress wrote down everything.

"Will that be all?" She looked between us.

"A bottle of champagne please." I added and Rose looked at me warily. "And some apple juice." I said.

"And some water for me please." I looked at her confused while the waitress walked away.

"Water? The champagne is yours." She chuckled taking her phone out.

"I know but I'm thirsty and only water quenches my thirst, I'll have the champagne when we're eating." Oh.

"Okay that's better. So have you decided which country to travel to first?" She shook her head.

"At the moment I just want to spend more time with my family you know. I've missed out on so much that I feel like I need to spend more time with them before I even start thinking about traveling." I nodded in understanding.

"I understand Rose. I just hate that I'll miss you." She gave me warm smile. "I'm not saying stay though I'm just saying you know."

"I will miss you too Kyla." She touched my hand and looked into my eyes. "I have something to ask you by the way."

"Okay."

"You and Zach" my heart skipped a beat. "You seem to be getting along very well with each other." Uh oh.

"Um yeah. I-I think he's a friendly person." Her eyes pierced through me and I had to look away.

"Kyla you don't have to lie to me. I've seen how you light up like a christmas tree whenever he's around. You like him don't you?" Oh No!!

Em what do I say now?

The truth.

What?! Are you insane?

Well you asked for my opinion.

"Rose I think he's nice and that's all." I looked at the waitress coming with our drinks.

"You're a horrible liar you know that. Yes he's nice and actually very caring I just think you should be sure it's really something you're up for." The lady placed our drinks before us.

"Your food will be ready in 10 minutes ladies." She gave us her beautiful smile again.

"Thank you Jessy." Rose said and that's when I finally looked at her name tag.

"Thanks." She left us alone again.

"Rose what do you mean when you say something I'm I'm up for?" She poured her water into a glass.

"I mean, Caleb freaking out and the huge age difference. You're like 10 years apart you know but I'm not saying stop liking him." I let out a giggle.

"You're funny you know. I told you there's nothing like that, obviously I wouldn't dare fall for my brother's best friend. I mean that's insane right?" I faked a laugh.

"It's actually not. Sometimes it leads to real relationships and even marriage."

"Marriage? Okay no hold on. That's pushing it Rose." We both laughed. "I mean why are we even talking about this?" She giggled even more.

"Why shouldn't we. You're old enough." I shook my head laughing lightly.

"You're just being crazy right now, what did the masseuse do to you?" She burst out laughing.

"Don't start with your silly jokes Kyla." I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time.

Noon

"I don't know maybe he touched the right places." She laughed again with a wide mouth. "It's possible." I giggled and decided to take pictures of her laughing.

"Stop it please, my stomach is hurting now." I giggled at her words.

"I'll only let you be for now." She finally stopped laughing and then drank her water.

After our lunch it was time to go back home so she could get going. I drove us back home and the ride back home was one to remember. Loud music, countless goofy pictures, singing along to the music, our voices high.

Our arrival was welcomed by Brie who helped Rose with her bags to one of the cars. I insisted that Jerry takes her to the train station even after she refused countless times.

"I have no problem calling an uber Kyla."

Was what she kept on saying until I won.

I stood by the main door waving my hand as the car headed for the gate. I continued waving even after it was so far away for me to see anyone inside the car. I finally blinked letting the tears that had welled up fall down to my cheeks.

"Safe journey Rose. I will definitely miss you." I whispered to myself before turning on my heels heading to the inside of the house.

____________________________________

Bye Rose. If you haven't noticed this chapter is short because I wanted to focus on Kyla's last day with Rose.

The following chapter is going to be a few months later.