Chapter 55

Week 19: The baby is the size of a mango, almost 300 grams and 15.2 centimetres in size.

________________________________________

I drove home on a Saturday evening a few weeks later. Of course the past few weeks have been difficult because of the way things happened with Xavier that afternoon. I made the headlines.

Again

I kept on hiding myself in my apartment until today. I had invited my three friends for dinner at home  and Ari as well as Zach. I asked Brie to prepare everything for me. I wanted everyone I cared about to dine with me the week before my birthday on the twentieth of November.

I pulled up when we reached home and we all got out. The cold wind hit our faces. We rushed for the door and got in immediately. The house felt warm obviously.

"Wow. This Manor is beautiful. It's actually outstanding compared to Uncle Paul's house. Ky you grew up  here?" I giggled at Clyde.

"Yes I did." I said.

"I also felt the same way when I first came here." Hazel said.

"You guys should come to the living room. It's warmer there." I said and we walked there to find Caleb and Ari cuddled up together. "Oh nice to know you guys are back together." Ari immediately looked my way.

"Kyla!" She ran to give me a hug. I hugged her back but made sure not to let her make contact with my belly. It was visible now but with the coat on no one suspected anything. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too Ari." She pulled back and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"You look so beautiful." I giggled. "And you have gained weight. Girl what have you been eating?"

"Stop it." We both laughed. "Hey brother." I went to Caleb and gave him a hug.

"Hey Kid." He kissed my forehead. "You okay?" I smiled and nodded.

"A little nervous about tonight but I'm good." He nodded. "Lovebirds, meet Clyde. I know you know Meg and Hazel but it's the first time meeting my roommate."

"You have a male roommate?" Ari asked.

"Yes. Clyde this is my brother you already know and his girlfriend Ari." He came to give them hugs.

"We met at your apartment Kid don't worry. He's the one you're tutoring right?" Caleb asked.

"Oh right. I remember now." We all sat down.

"When did you guys get back together anyway?" I asked.

"I am also curious." Megan said making us all laugh.

"Actually I reached out to Caleb a week ago. I was tired of missing him so I  came here and we had a deep honest conversation this time around. That was actually before you called and invited me over." Oh

"Yeah Kid I'm certain about us now." I smiled at the two of them.

"Can I honest?" I asked.

"Go ahead."

"I am truly happy for you guys. Especially for you Caleb. You deserve to be happy for being a big brother to me and taking care of me for the past six months." He smiled sincerely.

"I appreciate your kind words Kid."

"I'm so sorry I am late. Traffic wasn't the kindest." Zach appeared by the foyer dressed in warm clothes. He always looked handsome.

"Hey man." They hugged with Caleb and he sat down greeting everyone. "So Kyla found a boyfriend." Caleb told Zach making me frown.

"What?!"