Chapter 44

Week 8: The embryo has grown to around 1.6 centimetres, the size of a bean. The embryo is starting to lose it's tail.

_________________________________________

I made myself a sandwich while I played some music. I danced to the song playing feeling happy. It had been a while since I was this happy. I had been stressing about the pregnancy long enough so now I was choosing to enjoy it instead.

Well at least until I come up with a solid plan for next year because I'll be showing by then. Hopefully I don't start showing before I break the news to everyone.

Luckily for me the winter was coming so that means I was going to be hiding my baby bump with heaps of clothes and no one would suspect anything.

Zach and I also had estimated that I would be due May so that means my second semester, I might have to finish it at home.

I could imagine the headlines. Everyone writing about me and my pregnancy. Throwing shade. Their unwanted opinions. God I hope I'm ready for that.

My loud music stopped. I looked up to find Megan by the television.

"I have been knocking like forever." I giggled.

"I'm sorry I was just in a happy mood so I decided to blast my speakers." She rolled her eyes and came to give me a hug.

"How are you?" I finished my sandwich and took a bite.

"Good. How about you?" We went to sit on the couch.

"I'm bored. Hazel is busy with her books so." She slumped her shoulders. I took another bite.

Gosh it is delicious.

"Well I am expecting Clyde for his tutoring session in a few minutes. Are you up for that?" I asked.

"Really? Where is the fun in that Kyla?" I chuckled.

"I seriously don't know what you want me to do. It's not like I can say let's go to the club." She smiled.

"Then why don't we go there." Of course she wants to go.

"Meg I can't and besides how would Hazel feel about that if she heard you got drunk and started humping strangers." She laughed.

"I don't hump strangers when I'm drunk." I rolled my eyes.

"Point is you are in a relationship now, try caring for someone else's feelings. Hazel loves you." She softened up.

"I know and honestly Ky I feel the same way. I don't know what this girl does to me but I've never felt it before." I giggled.

"She has you hipnotized." She burst out laughing.

"Of course you'll say that." We giggled.

"When did you guys start sleeping together anyway?" She hit me with a cushion.

"Don't put it like that but we've been together for two weeks now." She said.

"So you managed to hide your relationship for a week and a few days." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry about that again Ky." I shook my head.

"Don't apologize Meg. I'm just happy for you to be mad you didn't tell me." She kissed my cheek. "Now tell me how did it happen?" I took another bite of my sandwich.

"If I'm being honest with you Ky, I started liking Hazel when I was still in Italy." I gasped.

"Really?" She gave me a nod.

"Yeah, I was just scared she wouldn't like me back. I was also scared that I'm literally liking another girl how crazy is that?" I giggled.

"I get what you're saying."

"Okay so after I came back and finally saw her in person. You remember that night we went to Melissa's club?"

"Yeah."

"She looked so beautiful that I fell in love with her immediately." I chortled. "I'm serious. A few days later you invited us to come to Atlanta with you. The night before we traveled I went to her room and I found her wearing glasses. Gosh she also looked gorgeous again."

"I've seen her with her glasses too. She's beautiful." I said taking the last bite.

"So that night she said something to me. She said I was just in denial that I have feelings for her and I would kiss her first." I looked at her surprised.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah and she was right. I did kiss her first. I just couldn't take it anymore." I giggled and she blushed.

"That's one crazy love story." She chuckled.

"I know but I don't want it to end. Hazel is so sweet and caring. Aaaaaaaaaaand sex with her is amazing." I closed my ears immediately.

"I'm too young to hear this." She giggled and pinched my thigh.

"Don't act all innocent with me." We both laughed. I heard a door knock.

"That must be Clyde." I stood up and went to open.

...

"Okay Mr Clyde we are done for today." I smiled helping him sort his books out.

"The professor is really happy with me you know." He smiled.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Well I'm glad our hard work is paying off. Do you want stay and have dinner?" I asked.

"No I can't stay. My uncle said he had an announcement at dinner so I'm supposed to be there." I nodded.

"Oh okay I understand. Next time then." He zipped his bag and stood up.

"Yeah definitely." I gave him a hug. "Drive safely okay?" He gave me a nod and then left.

I decided to watch something before I went to bed.

...

Caleb's POV

"Caleb!" Here we go again. She closed the door roughly and it made a bang sound. "I am sick and tired of you avoiding me every chance you get." I closed my laptop.

"Ari this is an office, you are creating a scene. Can we talk about this later?" She fueled up just like I wanted her to.

"Exactly! That is exactly my problem with you Caleb Davison! You always say we'll talk about it later and then don't pick up my calls." I sighed.

"What do you want me to do? I'm a busy man." She scoffed.

"Of course. You're Caleb Davison. Forbes number one handsome billionaire. You have meetings every fucking day. Heck I even think you use the jet more than your freaking car. So what if you're all of that?!" I felt my anger rising but I restrained myself from saying anything.

Calm down Caleb. Stay calm.

"Babe I'm sorry okay? I just have a lot going on at the moment but I promise once I'm done you'll have all the time you want with me." I said calmly.

"That's what you always say. You apologise and promise to make time but then your work comes first to you." I stood up and rushed to her.

"I promise you this time I mean it Ari. I love you so much. Please forgive me." She finally softened up a little.

Her phone rang. She looked at the caller and silenced it immediately hiding it from me.

"Okay. I'll wait for you." She kissed me. "I have to go that's my manager."

"Okay" she turned and walked out hurriedly.

I took my phone out and sent Adrian a text.

Me: I hope you're the one who just called.
Adrien: Yeah. She's coming over right now.

I smiled at his text.

Perfect.

_______________________________________