Chapter 28

Two months later

"Hey Meg" I placed my laptop on my desk carefully and then sat down staring at my best friend. "Did I tell you that the black looks better than the blonde? And of course you look like me now." She blushed and let out a giggle.

"First of all, good morning and secondly yes. Ever since I dyed my hair black you have not stopped talking about it and how gorgeous I look now. I think you should stop mocking me already Ky." I giggled shaking my head.

"I'm serious you look so beautiful I am even jealous." She blushed again.

"Kyla Davison stop it." I let out a chuckle putting my hands up in surrender. "Thank you. So how are doing?"

"Never been better. I can't believe it's been more than two months we haven't been to school and now we have to go back again in less than a month." I sighed checking my phone.

Message from Zach.

"Ky it's not like we're going to highschool, it's university we're talking about now. Finally no more uniform!!" She screamed making me giggle so loud.

"You're so hilarious. I just hope we get to share a dorm. I cannot be living with a stranger for four years." I turned my attention back to my phone replying to Zach's message.

I decided to be staying on campus because I could not take the long drive from home to school almost everyday. Luckily Meg planned on doing the same as well.

"Well that's unlikely but possible so I don't know maybe we'll share maybe we won't." She said.

"Maybe I should ask Caleb to pull some strings for us to be roommates." She giggled.

"That would be nice but it would mean you're using your family name again and from what I know you hate that." True.

"You're right Meg." I said defeated.

"Oh my gosh Kyla you won't believe who I saw yesterday." She was still in Italy so that would mean she was talking about when I was still sleeping.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"Fred" I frowned. "Don't tell me you've forgotten him."

"I know him?" She laughed at me. "Come on tell me already or just try to remind me? Was it somebody from highschool?" She nodded.

"He used to be a very good swimmer." I finally remembered him.

"Ohh! You mean that Fred? Oh my gosh what is he doing there?" Vacation maybe? Yes maybe Em.

Message from Zach.

"He said he got a scholarship to come study here because of his good swimming record." I snapped my eyes wide.

"Wow! That's awesome. He must really be happy about it right?" I replied to Zach quickly.

"Yeah. He actually thought I'm here for school too but I told him I wasn't and I was actually coming back in a few days." I smiled hearing her say that.

"And I've been counting down the days. You have five days left." She giggled.

"I have already packed" she whispered and we both giggled like children. "Dad said he'd come pick me up from the airport, I think it's so sweet considering his forever busy schedule." I was delighted to know they are back to having a happy relationship together.