Chapter 33

"Are you sure you don't want to come? I'm certain Zach won't mind." I pulled my skirt up and then looked over at Hazel. I hated that I had to leave her alone here at home.

"Kyla I'm fine go enjoy your time with your boyfriend. I won't be alone anyway I'll go see Melissa so she knows we're coming to her club Saturday night." She said.

"You can call her you know." I responded taking my flats from their shelf.

"I don't have her number and besides I also want to see her personally. It's been a long time since we've been together." I looked at her.

"Ever since you both broke up you haven't seen her?" I asked.

"I have it's just that we haven't hung out you know. Ever since I moved here I've seen her once when we bumped into each other at the club." I nodded.

"Wait you and Melissa were in a relationship back at home right?" She gave me a nod. "So she's the woman you were with when your parents found out you are into women?"

"Yeah. That's why she moved here, they threatened to make her lose her teaching job, since she was my teacher, if she didn't stop the silly relationship as they called it." I looked at her shocked. "They eventually did when we still continued seeing each other. It ruined her reputation and teaching license so she came here to start over."

"What? They did that?" I sat on the bed.

"I have crazy rich parents Kyla so they would do anything. I could only escape after I turned eighteen three months ago. I am free to make my own choices now." I thought about how I still had a few more months to go.

"I'm glad you came to your uncle because now I have a best friend." She smiled softly. "Does he know?"

"Yeah I don't hide stuff from him. He's like a father and a very understanding one unlike the one I have."

"I never got to ask, what happened to his wife?" I asked.

"Well if you mean the twin's mom, she died after giving birth and when they were about ten or eleven he remarried only for her to want to leave after five years of marriage so they divorced and he's been alone since." She explained.

"That must have been horrible for him." My phone rang. "Excuse me." I took it out of my bag. "Zach." I told Hazel and she nodded.

"Babe? Are you still coming?" I looked at the time.

"I still have time" I said giggling.

"Just checking if you haven't changed your mind." We both chuckled.

"I'm about to leave the house don't worry I haven't changed my mind." I smiled.

"Alright I'll see you soon. Love you." My heart skipped a beat.

"Love you too." I hung up smiling at my phone.

"You are in love." Hazel sang Taylor Swift's song and I playfully hit her with a pillow.

"Shut up." We both giggled and I continued with my dressing.

I ended up changing my shoes and wore black heels which made me feel even better because they matched my red set even more. The set was a body hugging mini skirt and crop top.

I drove to Zach's apartment because he had planned a candle lit dinner for both of us at his place. As much as he spent most of his time at my home, he still visited his apartment from time to time.

I arrived and knocked on the door as soon as I reached the twentieth floor and headed to his door. He opened a few seconds later smiling widely.

He then pulled me for a hug and I found myself laughing at him.