Chapter 71

Week 36: The baby can open their eyes, suck their thumb, breathe and recognise voices. Inside their bowels the baby's first stool is forming. It's sterile and he/she won't release it until after birth.

________________________________________
Three weeks later

I walked back from my last class of the first semester to my apartment to start packing. The cold weather was definitely getting to me making my waist ache. I hurried to my car immediately I was out of the building.

I arrived at the apartment a few minutes later and found Clyde sleeping on the couch. The TV was on so he must have been watching. I tapped his beautiful face softly and he woke up.

"Hey sleepyhead." He chuckled and stretched himself.

"You're back." I nodded while he yawned.

"Yup. I just need to pack and we'll be out of here in no time." I said taking my jacket off.

"No need for that. Your staff came and took our clothes home, plus my car. I only stayed behind because I didn't want you to find the house empty." He said.

"Are you serious?" He nodded. "Wait let me call Caleb." I took my phone out and did that immediately. "Caleb?"

"Hey Kid."

"Did you tell Brie to come take my stuff home?" He chuckled.

"Old habits die hard huh? No hi, how are you doing big brother? How is your leg?" I giggled when he said that.

"I'm sorry I just wanted to confirm if you did. I kind of forgot that you were injured. How are you though?" He let out a laugh.

"I'm better Kid. I can walk almost normally now." I giggled.

"And we all know how you hate limping or staying in bed." I said.

"Kid real men don't limp and I would definitely not be a real one if I stayed in bed the whole time. I have work to do." We both laughed. "And yes I did tell Brie to have your stuff moved for you. I figured you'd be tired coming back from school so I decided to make things easier for you. You're welcome by the way." I laughed again.

"You're the best brother ever. I'll see you soon." I hung up and put my phone back. "I hope you're up for driving us home because I am not." Clyde chuckled.

"Yes ma'am."

I hadn't been home in three weeks now.

Ever since the night Reid died I had been having nightmares. Grandpa said to me that after your first kill it haunts you and he was right. Every time I closed my eyes I saw blood on the floor. Two bodies. One unconscious and one dead. I couldn't sleep for days after that night.

Luckily Caleb hired a private doctor, after Clyde told him I hadn't been sleeping, to help me with the nightmares and I finally was able to sleep but I can still remember that night clearly like it was just yesterday.

Flashback

"After everything I did for you this is how you decided to pay me back?" Grandpa asked Reid.

He was tired to a chair in the basement. I watched the scene before me by the door. Reid's dark scary eyes darted and landed on me and he smiled.

"She's the reason your son is dead." He finally spoke and Caleb threw a punch at him. Reid spat blood on the floor and shook his head trying to relieve the pain.

"You bastard! Don't you dare mention my sister in all of this. If anything she's the reason we caught you son of a bitch." Caleb threw another punch at him.