Chapter 18

My Sunday morning started with a beautiful glow. My mind was still in cloud nine from last night's events. Caring about what Caleb or anyone for that matter would say wasn't in my mind at that moment. I actually didn't care.

"Good morning brother." I sat down at the table and Caleb was eating his breakfast.

"Good morning Kid." I smiled at him while he looked at me suspiciously.

"What?" He chuckled shaking his head.

"The sudden change of mood is very surprising trust me." I smiled at him again almost blushing knowing exactly the source of my glowing face right now.

"It's a beautiful day today dear brother can't you see outside?" He chuckled shaking his head.

"Let me guess he kissed you?" My heart stopped beating for a moment and my smile dropped. "You can't even deny it." He started laughing. I gulped unsure of what to do. How did he find out? And why isn't he mad? I thought he would be. "Kid relax you don't have to be embarrassed only if he treats you right and so far he's doing a good job look at how happy you are." I blushed and ate a berry.

"How did you find out?" Did Zach tell him? I thought he was scared of being caught as I was.

"Well that's pretty obvious. You went to dine with his family yesterday and came back late and then next morning you're smiling in a happy mood. That Moore boy of yours really makes you happy." Wait what?

If you don't want to be caught play along at least he'll think it's Deveon whilst it's Zach.

"Well he is a good one I can tell you that Caleb." He smiled at me. "How about you?"

"Me?"

"Your girlfriend I mean. You know the one in...?" He thought of the place for a few seconds.

"London" he looked away not wanting to show nervousness. He still won't confess I see. Okay Caleb let's play a game.

"What's her name?" He choked on the berry he was eating. You'll kill him stop. I tried not to laugh at him and keep a straight face. "I'm sorry are you okay?"

"Yeah" he cleared his throat. "Yeah I'm okay. What were you saying again?" He still wants to go on? Apparently.

"I was asking your girlfriend's name." He nodded.

"Leah" that was quick. Lying runs in this family so well that's pretty obvious.

"Nice name." Should I go on? Well I can't say I'm not enjoying this one. "I really wish to see her. I can imagine she's beautiful right? I know maybe you're attracted to gorgeous women. Do you have a picture of her?"

"A picture?" Oh boy he can't get out of this one.
"Yeah of her." He paused and thought for a second then started smiling. Okay I don't think that's good right Em?

I think it's game over Ky.

"You know don't you? That's the only explanation for the sudden interest in my girlfriend." Damnit. Just when it was getting good. "How did you figure it out anyway?"

"Zach told me. He doesn't know you lied to me." I said.

"I forgot to tell him to play along."

"Sure did take you long enough to finally say the truth." He chuckled shaking his head.

"You're too smart for your own good Kyla. I'm sorry I lied though." Oh really?

"Why did you even lie in the first place?" He wiped his mouth with a napkin.