Chapter 38

Kyla's POV

We arrived in Georgia before noon and we settled into the hotel really well.

"This suite is so beautiful." Ari said. I rolled my eyes and headed to my room.

We had checked in a presidential suite and it had four rooms so I had to share with Meg, Hazel said she was cool on her own. Zach also had a room to himself and then Caleb was going to share with Ari.

I opened and I saw a huge bed. Thank goodness it's huge. Sharing a bed with Meg is a task. Sometimes she has nightmares so she tosses a lot.

"Can we talk?" Caleb walked in closing the door. "Kyla what the hell are you doing? Do you want to ruin my plan? You know very well we have to act like we're cool with her at all times." He yelled at me but also kept his voice low.

"And you know very well how much I hate her so why the fuck would you bring her here?" I hissed making him even more angry.

"I have to act nice for fuck's sake, get that into your thick skull." He shouted the last part.

I looked at him really upset. How dare he raise his voice at me. My chest heaved up and down. He gave me a pissed off look as well.

"Get out." I said and he looked taken aback. "I won't repeat myself." I turned but he grabbed my arm.

"Listen to me if you by any chance ruin my plan you will regret it." He said so dangerously I was even shocked.

"Are you threatening me?" I whispered.

"Behave." He let go of my arm roughly and then stormed out.

I looked at the door perplexed by what just happened. Did my own brother just threaten me just because he is obsessed with getting revenge?

...

"Can I come in?" Zach peeked his head in. I looked at him and just turned back to the window. The view was very beautiful I was lost in the city lights. "I guess I'll let myself in then."

He closed the door and came to seat in front of me by the window.

"Caleb said you guys fought but honestly he was loud enough for us to hear him." I sighed. "Kyla, talk to me." I looked at him, my eyes filled with teared threatening to pour out.

"He hates me." I said finally letting the tears fall.

"He doesn't." He pulled me to a hug and I cried in his arms. "He told me your hate might ruin everything. Ky you need to try to play cool please."

"All you guys care about is revenge." I said sniffling.

"Hey" he made me look at him. "I care about you. So much. That's why I cannot stand and watch you cry." He wiped my tears. "Your brother also cares."

"He doesn't." I shook my head.

"He does Ky, trust me. It's just that he also wants this revenge so he can be able to move on. He told me what he said to you." He said.

"You mean how he threatened me?" I let out a chortle.

"Yeah. I know you're scared but trust me he's not like that anymore." I frowned.

"What are you talking about?" His eyes widened.

"You didn't know?" He asked.

"Know what?" He sighed.

"He used to have anger management issues. After meeting your father he finally took my advice to see a therapist. I guess he didn't want to disappoint your father by lashing out one day in front of him but ever since he died I've noticed he's been having relapses." He explained.