Chapter 69

Week 33: The baby is around 44 centimetres and weighs 2.2 kilograms. The baby's weight gain is rapid as preparation of the outside world.

________________________________________

"Good afternoon." I started when the woman looking like she might be in her forties opened the door for me. She was in a maid's uniform so I assumed she's the housekeeper.

"Kyla Davison oh my goodness." She gasped opening the door wider. I smiled shyly at her. "Please come in." I stepped into the beautiful home looking around, admiring the interior of the big building.

"Thank you." I said. She walked me to where I figured was the living room. I sat down comfortably.

"Would you like anything while you wait for Mrs Williams?" The polite lady asked me.

"No thank you ma'am. I am fine. I am actually here because I want to see Naomi. Is she around?" I asked.

"Oh are you guys friends?" I nodded immediately.

"Actually we haven't seen each other in a long time so I wanted us to um catch up you know." I lied but she seemed to believe me since she widened her smile.

"She never mentioned that she's friends with Kyla Davison. Wow I can't believe she hid that from me." God why won't this woman call her already so I can get this over and done with?! "Unfortunately she's not around at the moment." Damnit!!

"Oh, what a bummer." I said. "Do you know when she'll be back?"

"She usually comes back an hour after her only class on Saturday depending on whether she goes out with her friends to the mall or with her boyfriend." She looked at her wrist watch. "So I guess right now she might be on her way back if she did not go somewhere else. Unless I call her to find out of course." I shook my head.

"No don't bother her I will wait." I said and took my phone out.

"Very well then. Excuse me." She went to the rest of the house. I texted Clyde.

Me: she's not at home.
Clyde: really? I rolled my eyes.
Me: yeah well apparently she's not back from school yet.
Clyde: On a Saturday?
Me: I think she is taking extra classes like some students, because the housekeeper said she only has one class on Saturday.
Clyde: Well I'm sorry you had to drive only to find her gone Ky.
Me: why are you sounding like I'm turning back?
Clyde: you're not?
Me: of course not.
Me: I can't come all the way for nothing.
Me: I'm waiting for her.
Clyde: 😄😄😄
Clyde: why am I surprised? You're so stubborn. I heard heels click on the marble floor coming my way.
Me: someone is coming. We'll talk later. I put my phone back into my pocket.

"Kyla Davison." A light skinned black woman appeared smiling at me. I stood up as she entered the living room.

"Good afternoon ma'am." I said respectfully.

"Oh please call me Monica. Sit down." She sat next to me while I also sat back down.

"Thank you."

"I'm so honoured to have you under my roof. What can I offer you?" Oh she must be the mom. But she looks so young to be Naomi's mom. But then again maybe she was a teen mom like me.

"You're Mrs Williams?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes honey I am."

"Oh it's nice to meet you Mrs Williams." She smiled softly.

"Please don't flatter me. I am the honoured one to finally meet you." We both giggled. "I heard you're here to see Naomi?"

"Yes I am."