Chapter 63

Week 27: The brain continues to form and develop. The eyes continue developing and the retinas are forming. The baby can also hear and distinguish familiar voices.

________________________________________

"Reid." I shouted as I shut the door upon entering. They both looked at me confused. "Reid Collins. Who is he?" I walked towards Caleb. Grandpa was on the couch drinking again.

Are all Davisons heavy on the alcohol?

It's another thing that runs in the family.

"He's a shareholder in the company and a multi millionaire. Why?" He asked but then it didn't make any sense why Em would say he's the one that killed my parents if he was a shareholder in the same company my father once owned. Was he a jealous shareholder?

"What do you know about the guy besides that?" I asked again.

"Kid why would I need to know about him so much? He's just a shareholder like any other shareholder." I scoffed shaking my head.

"His parents were engineers. I knew them. Jada and Garry." I looked over at grandpa.

"Were? What happened? They retired?" I asked him.

"No they died. They died while at work." He said and then looked away.

"Oh." I paced around the office. "There has to be something else though, that cannot just be it about him."

"Kyla why are you asking about him so much?" Caleb asked. I finally remembered.

"Of course! Caleb I need you to call Mark. I need him to find everything he can on Reid. ASAP." I said quickly.

"I will if you let me know what is going on." I sighed.

"I think there's something fishy going on with that guy. Please Caleb." He sighed and pulled out his phone. He typed quickly on his phone and after he was done he put it back.

"Done." He said.

"Thank you." I said and went back to thinking.

"So what do we do about John?" Caleb asked breaking me from my thoughts.

"Don't touch him." I said quickly. Grandpa looked at me surprised.

"And why not?" He asked.

"I don't think it's him." Caleb gave me a skeptical look.

"Just like that? You don't think it's him?" I nodded.

"Of course she doesn't. She doesn't even know the man!" He gulped down another shot. I grabbed the drink and the glass from him quickly.

"I think you have had enough alcohol for tonight." I said.

"I don't need you two telling me what to do, I'm a grown adult that can do things himself." He stood up. "I'm going to end this once and for all."

"Grandpa please." Caleb begged.

"No! It's bloody clear that my son gave birth to only weaklings." He started walking.

"Grandpa stop!" I said. "If you kill him you'll be making a huge mistake." He stopped walking. "One week." I said. "Just give me one week and if I still don't figure out who killed mom and dad then..." I gulped nervously. "Then you can kill John, or kidnap his daughter or whatever you want to do." He turned.

"Kid what are you doing?" Caleb asked nervously.

"One week?" Grandpa asked.

"Yes. One week." He smiled and walked back extending his hand for me to shake.