Chapter 9

"You're upset aren't you?" It's actually even a stupid question to ask. Since it's pretty obvious he is.

"I cannot tolerate anyone calling any member of my family names like that. That stupid girl and her whole family will know who I really am."

With that he abruptly went to his room. Uh oh this is really bad. I ran to mine and started pacing. What if he does something really bad?

Like what?

I don't know Em. I seriously don't know but I've never seen him like that, he's too scary.

Just go to bed. It's been a long day you need to rest.

Why don't you ever worry? You're always so calm.

Well it's because there is nothing to worry about at the moment but trust me I do get worried a whole lot more than you do actually.

Like when?

Like when your life is in danger.

I stopped pacing and froze.

What did you say?.........Em?.....Emma I know you can fucking here me so you better answer me right now.

Okay fine I'll tell you. Well as gaurdian angels were only supposed to be there but at a distance. But I, like you already know, am at a point where you can literally hear me and even have a conversation with me and it started like when you were very young. Before that I was always at a distance.

Yes the first time I heard you was after I had a nightmare about a man wanting to choke me to death. But that's not the point because that was just a dream, when was my life in danger?

That very night was one of the times your life was in danger. You were not dreaming he actually came to kill you.

What?!!

He was one of your parents rivals. Your parents' success filled many with jealousy Kyla, all of them wanted a way to kill them or you but everyone has a guardian angel so they were not my duty. You are mine. When you go to bed I stay up to protect you.

So how did you fight him? In the dream I- wait I fought him?

Well technically it was me but in other people's eyes and his yeah it was you. See I have to use your body for these kind of things. That's why when your mom suggested self defense classes I was so happy because it'd make my work pretty easy.

This is just too confusing Em. Is Emma even your real name?

Yes. You got the name from me.

Oh My God! You're really Spanish.

I actually have no race Ky.

Okay you said we're supposed to be at a distance or something like that right? I'm guessing we're not anymore?

Yes Kyla. It's like a glass wall. I was watching you from that distance. But that night there was no other way but to break the glass in order for me to protect you. Well it's not literally a glass I'm just making an example so you understand.

Okay I get it when you put it like that but there's still one more thing I don't get. Where do you sometimes go to because I'm not buying the 'I don't go anywhere I was just quiet' story.

You're too smart. I only leave you when I see no danger and obviously when you need a little privacy. For example when you're having sex.

I've never had sex and you know that.