Chapter 56

Week 20: The baby's movements are now felt. Each week going forward they will grow one centimetres. The baby is now the size of a grapefruit.

_________________________________________

I woke up and turned to see the windows and curtains already opened. The light almost blinding me, I cursed whoever opened the curtains.

"Good morning." Ari said softly. I followed her voice and she was seated in one of the chairs near the windows eating breakfast.

"Hey." I said getting up stretching myself.

"How was your sleep?" She asked.

"I have had better nights." I said dismissively.

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said drinking her tea.

"Not to be rude but what are you doing here Ari? Did Caleb send you to tell me how much of a disappointment I am?" She shook her head.

"Quite the opposite actually. Breakfast?" She offered but I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." I said getting out of bed. "What do you mean the opposite? I know Caleb hates me right now." She sighed.

"Can we not talk about your brother? Right now he's busy avoiding me, shutting me out and I would like to do the same." I sighed and dropped myself on the other chair.

"I'm sorry about that. I hope you guys don't break up again because of me." I said.

"Kyla not everything is your fault. Caleb chose not to talk to me and instead shut me out, so that is his fault." She explained. "And no. I'm not going to leave him. I love him so much to leave him when he needs me the most again. I just want to make sure you're okay as well." She said taking my hand into hers.

"I just wish my brother would understand how much I love Zach and trust him." I cried. "I don't want my child to arrive in this world when Caleb cannot even stand me right now. Not when he hates his best friend with everything he has." Ari rubbed my hand.

"I understand. I'm also sorry it turned out this way. To be honest I can say I understand what you are going through because I too once hid a pregnancy from your brother. I realise now how much I hurt him by just hiding the truth." She said.

"I didn't know how to tell him. I always got nervous every time I looked at him and thought of telling him. The worst part is I know he's not mad I'm pregnant. It's the fact that whose baby this is." I wiped my tears slowly.

"I think the only thing that can resolve this is if they talk it out." She suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea or have you forgotten how last night turned out?" Let's just say it ended up in fists making contact with their faces and other body parts. Well honestly Zach wasn't doing much besides avoiding the attacks since he didn't hit Caleb back. He only wanted them to talk it out unlike my brother filled with rage. Ari was the only one that managed to stop him from wanting to kill Zach.

"I don't want you to ever come close to my little sister again.!!" Was the last thing he yelled before he stormed out to his room and that's the last time I saw him.

"I haven't forgotten but I have known them for years. They have fought in the past but reconciled again. Countless times. That's what best friends do anyway." She giggled and I remembered Meg and I.

"You're right. Meg and I fought about a month ago but look at us now." I said letting out a chuckle.

"You see. They will reconcile again one day don't stress yourself about. It may be today or tomorrow who knows?" Yeah right. I just hope it happens before I give birth like Em said it would happen.