Chapter 21

"Megan are you serious?" I didn't see this one coming.

"Ky I just found out. That's why I'm even here, away from their divorcing process. When I got here I came with mom, remember I told you dad couldn't come anymore?"

"Yeah you said he suddenly had to travel for a business meeting." She sniffled.

"Well that was just a lie, he can't come here mom doesn't want him near her." What?

"But why?" This was all just confusing.

"He cheated Kyla." She cried again. "They were s-so happy what happened? I just don't get how dad could do that to mom, to me. My mind has so many questions. I feel like mom's joking with me, he cannot cheat. He loves her." I sighed and sat down.

"I'm sorry Meg. I can't say I know why but maybe one day you'll ask him and he'll answer you since he's the only one that knows why he did it. I also don't know why you feel that way. Maybe you're right though, maybe he didn't cheat, maybe your mom is being insecure or something I don't know."

He's not the only one to be blamed that's why she feels that way. Her guts are telling her the truth.

What? Em what are you saying?

"You're right Ky, it's only him that knows why. As for how I'm feeling I don't know too. I'll just let it be for now. Thank you for listening to me, I just didn't know who to talk to"

"You came to the right person. I mean I'm your best friend who else should you call?" She giggled a little.

"Thanks Ky. I'll try to get some sleep now. It's currently 2am here, okay well it's almost 3 now."

"Alright Meg goodnight. I love you okay?"
"I love you too Ky. Bye." I hung up and placed my phone on the bed then threw my head back and looked at the ceiling taking a deep breath.

Em what do you think happened? I mean you said they were both at fault.

Not that they were both at fault Kyla it's just that they fell out of love.

But how? They seemed really happy.

Kyla grow up. Not everything is as it seems. They pretended for their daughter but it reached a breaking point just like every situation.

This is going to kill Meg so much. I could hear she's really broken.

I know but there's nothing she can do about it. Her mom just has to tell her the real truth.

Wait what real truth?

Ky it's none of our business. I can see everything hidden so that's why I know but it doesn't mean I can tell you.

It's not like I'll tell Meg come on.

Fine but it's the last time I'm telling you anyone's business.

Okay

See when they realised they had fallen out of love they decided to separate. Your friend didn't notice because legally they were still married just that they could have other partners without being said to have committed adultery.

Oh My Goodness. That means they've been hiding their secret lovers?

Yeah. Why do you think they told Meg to live with her aunt?

To make sure she doesn't see anything!! Wow I can't believe this.

Yup. Her mom is the one that is going to destroy Meg because if she really loves her daughter she'd tell her the truth and not make her husband look like a bad person.