Chapter 7

"Good morning Everyone" I looked up to see Caleb walking towards the table.

"Morning." I said while chewing.

Today Rose decided to spoil me with a heavy breakfast. I'm devouring almost everything. I really appreciate her effort to aid me start my day full and happy so I could tackle my first exam which was Math.

"Ready for your first exam Kid?"

"Yup" he smiled and started eating his food.

I really like that we're getting along with Caleb. He's a good guy and I like that he's also honest. From what I know so far I can say I believe he hasn't lied to me. Or if he ever will. I don't think I can be very understanding if anyone can lie or keep anything from me now.

"By the way Kid I'm taking you to school today. Is that okay?" That's actually nice of him.

"So that's my nickname now?" He chuckled.

"Well if you haven't noticed it feels good calling you that. I've always wished to have a younger sibling so I could call them that and you're just the perfect age."

"Perfect age?"

"Yes. It wouldn't make sense if you were my age or older you know." Makes sense.

"Right"

"You still haven't answered my question." Oh.

"Oh yes it's okay and thank you." He smiled again and we continued with breakfast.

We finished breakfast while chatting, mostly about how I think I will do on my exam. Well to be honest I believe I'm well prepared so I will give myself the benefit of the doubt that I'll ace it.

I got in his car and he immediately started driving. The silence made me realise that Em hasn't talked since yesterday. Where the hell is she? This is one of the reasons I believe I'm not talking to myself when I'm talking to Emma. I mean I'd always answer me if I was Em right? Where would I disappear to? I mean I'm always with myself. Does that even make sense? This is confusing and the only person who can solve this is nowhere to be found.

"What's troubling you?" My heart skipped a beat when Caleb spoke giving me a mini heart attack.

"Nothing, I was just consumed by some thoughts." I'm really glad Caleb decided to drop me off today. I seriously cannot stand how Alec still ignores me. Like I'm so mad right now because he's taking this thing way too far. It's been a freaking week for heaven's sake.

"Are you sure you're okay? Don't wanna talk about it?"

"I'm okay thank you for asking though." He continued to focus on the road. We were near the school anyway so removing all unnecessary thoughts was important so I'd only focus on the exam.

"Alright here we are Kid." I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door.

"Thank you for dropping me off." He smiled and gave me a curt nod.

"Hey" I turned to face him. "Good luck on your exams." I smiled and instantly gave him a tight hug. My parents used to be the ones saying this and now he's the only one left to do so. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I pulled away.

"I'm sorry I-"

"Don't apologize Kid I get it." I wiped my wet eyes then finally got out of the car.

"Bye Caleb." He smiled.

"Have a nice day Kid." He winked and I closed the door.

Okay let the da-

Good luck on your exams Ky.

What? Bitch where are you coming from? Where have you been though?