Chapter 11 (Zach's POV)

I finally arrived in New York after the two hours flight from home. I was starting work in a few days so my beloved mother had already secured me a beautiful apartment and had people furniture it. I really appreciated that she did that because I know nothing about making a house look good. I will probably have professionals do it for me when I purchase my home one day.

The drive there was a silent one. I arrived after the long forty minutes drive. It was almost midnight so there wasn't any traffic. I freshened up before calling my mom.

"You better call me when you arrive in New York Zach." Her voice ringed in my ears and I found myself smiling. I called and she picked up immediately.

"Hey mom." I started.

"Honey. Finally you call. I was so worried." I let out a chuckle at her exaggeration.

"Mom you worry too much. Relax I'm fine." I said and she let out a sigh.

"You cannot blame me for loving my baby." She chuckled. "Honey have you thought about what I asked of you?"

"Mom come on, I'm a surgeon I know nothing about business." I protested.

"Baby I know but Mr Lopez is a wonderful man, I cannot disappoint him. You know very well I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't going to Australia tomorrow morning." I sighed. "Please Zach. You don't even have to do much but just be there for your mother."

"Mom" I groaned.

"Just one night." She pleaded. I could imagine her pouting. "Please."

"Okay fine but make sure my date is at least a beautiful one and someone who's looking to make connections so they don't stay with me the whole night." She burst out laughing. "That's my condition mom."

"Okay fine I'll get Tracey to get a girl ready for you. She'll fly there probably in the afternoon." Perfect. Tracey is her assistant.

"That's fine by me." I let out a yawn. "Goodnight mom."

"Thank you son. I love you okay?" I smiled.

"I love you too mom." She hung up and I finally went to sleep.

...

I woke up to my doorbell ringing loudly continuously. I checked the time and it was almost eleven in the morning. "Fuck!" I woke up and stormed out of my room to the door. "I'm coming goddammit!!" I opened the door and revealed a brunette looking like she might be in her mid twenties or maybe thirties? I'm horrible at age guessing.

"Hi" she smiled. "I'm Iris, your date." I carefully inspected her and I couldn't lie she was beautiful and sexy. Nicki Minaj vibes. At least Tracey did a good job on the appearance part. "So are you going to let me in or just stare at me the whole day?" I opened the door widely for her to come in.

"You weren't supposed to come until the late afternoon. The gala isn't until tonight." I said.

"Well the only available flight was the one I took. Your mom's jet is in Australia isn't it?" Right.

"Yeah." I took a bottle of water in the fridge. "So Tracey didn't get you a hotel or something?"

"She did but if we're going to a gala together I thought it'd be nice to know each other." I nodded.

"I'm Zach by the way." I said taking a seat in the living room.

"I know who you are. Tracey told me." She said.

"So what do you do?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"I'm an actress. Do you watch TV a lot?" I shook my head.