Chapter 59

Week 23: The blood vessels in the fetus's lungs are developing to prepare to breathe outside the uterus. The fetus is about 545 grams and 30.2 centimetres.

_________________________________________

Ari's POV

"Hey babe." I bent to give him a kiss. "How was work today?" I asked sitting next to him on the couch.

"I was distracted most of the time I won't lie. I can't stop thinking about grandpa coming over. I have thought of reasons for him to come but nothing makes sense." He said.

"God you're just like your sister." I said.

"What are you talking about?"

"She's stressing about the same thing. Well her stress is understandable since she's scared about him finding out about the pregnancy." He scoffed.

"That's if he doesn't already know. You know Ari I think that's it. That's the only thing he'd come for." Wow.

"I can't believe how like minded you two are. She said the same thing but you guys are missing the important reason here." He crooked his eyebrows.

"Which is?" I rolled my eyes a little.

"Duh. It's his manor. Your father was given this mansion by him right?"

"Yeah I know but from what dad said he hasn't been here in years. The only place he loved and said to have retired to is Cleveland. He has one of his mansions there." I got curious.

"Babe since you came into the picture have you ever met him?" He chuckled.

"Yeah. I would not be a real Davison if I didn't meet the man behind all this wealth. Dad took me to Cleveland a month after I showed up in his life. He's a funny old man and very kind it's just that he has a temper like all of us obviously and trust me, you don't want to upset him." He explained.

"Same thing Kyla said." He chuckled.

"Well she knows him too well. I've only met him a couple of times but Kyla has known him the whole of her life." I nodded.

"So baby do you think it's really possible that he knows about Kyla's baby?" I asked concerned.

"I think it's highly possible yes but I prefer we wait to find out. Either way we'll get through it like we always do when we have problems in this family. She's still my little sister, I will protect her if I need to." I smiled and kissed his lips.

I felt happy knowing he still had a bit of hope for him reconciling with his sister again. I wanted this family back together like I had found it.

"I am happy to hear you say that Caleb. You're truly the man I fell in love with." He smiled and kissed me again.

"And I promise not to change anymore." My heart skipped a beat when he said that.

"Thank you." I rested my head on his chest while he continued with work on his laptop.

...

Kyla's POV

Megan dragged my hand as she walked to yet another shop. I groaned as she pulled me into the shop.

"Megan I'm tired. Let's go and eat." She continued taking us further into the shop.

"We are already here so we might as well look." I rolled my eyes for the thousandth time today. She gasped when she saw a dress. "OMG it looks so gorgeous."

"Okay great that means we're done right?" She gave me a glare. "Meg I'm tired, I'm stressed, I don't want to be around people neither do I want to be here so don't give me that look." I said and looked away.