Chapter 23

"He told me I could stay here. He's in the study." I nodded even though I knew perfectly well I didn't know where the study is.

I walked to the kitchen and saw my bottle of gin. Finally! I screamed internally.

You should watch your drinking Kyla.

Em there's a freaking goddess here in Zach's house, looking gorgeous I don't even compare to her fucking feet. I mean look at me. This gin will definitely calm me down and maybe help me think.

I opened the cabinet to take a glass out.

Why do you want to compare yourself with everyone? He wants only you can't you see that? Why do you think little of yourself?

Em stop it. I am not in the mood for your lectures.

You're making a mistake.

I rolled my eyes and poured myself the drink and closed the bottle. Oh right we have a guest.

"Do you want some?" She smiled and nodded. Why didn't you say no?!!!

I grabbed another glass and poured the gin then walked to her and she gladly received it.

"Thank you" I forced a smile then looked away. "I am Loren by the way."

"Kyla" I took a sip while she drank the whole drink in one go.

"I know who you are. You're Caleb's little sister." She informed me.

"Right." I said taking another sip.

"I think it's safe to say it's an honour to meet you. Caleb was right, you're a beautiful and humble kid."

"You know my brother?" She giggled.

"Of course I do. We all went to the same university, including Zach." I nodded softly.

A door opened on my right. That must be the study. A black middle aged man came out wearing a suit.

"Babe?" He said and Loren stood up.

Babe? Wait. Are they-

"Nice meeting you Kyla." She bent down to whisper something. "Don't worry I won't tell Caleb about you and Zach." She winked.

"Oh no we're just friends. I actually came to help him pack, that's why I was in his room. Caleb knows about this you can ask him." I said quickly.

"oh. Well I'm sorry I thought you two were together. Bye Kyla." She walked towards her man while Zach came out as well. His eyes landed on mine and he smiled.

"Billy, it was nice seeing you man. Thank you for the file." I looked away and gulped every alcohol in the glass aggressively.

"Likewise man, we have to go now, we were actually on our way to the hotel." I heard footsteps fading away.

Oh my God! Em I'm so sorry. You were right I made a mistake. Fuck!!

You're too hasty Kyla.

"What is troubling you?" I yelped almost dropping the glass in my hands. "Kyla you went ahead and drank even though I told you not to?" Uh oh.

I looked at his face and I could only see disappointed. He snatched the glass and walked to the kitchen. I stayed there unsure of what to do.

This is the part where you apologize Kyla come on.

Oh right.

"Zach I'm sorry I just s-..... where did he go?" I walked to the bedroom. "Zach?" I walked faster and found him packing his stuff. Okay now he looked pissed. Shit! "Uhm Zach?" He ignored me and continued packing.