Chapter 17

I thanked Jerry for picking me up and went for the door. My phone vibrated alerting me of a text message.

Deveon Moore: Hey I'm sorry I didn't text you yesterday but the dinner is 7pm.

I looked at the text but got lazy to reply. I'll call him later. I opened the door and got in. I went straight to the kitchen hoping to find Rose.

"Rose!" I called but the person I wanted to reply didn't.

"She went home like you permitted her." I know who this is without even looking but I looked anyway.

"I had forgotten." I went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Can we talk?" No. You actually need to.

"I think we shouldn't Zach. Let's just pretend it didn't happen."

"Well I cannot pretend Kyla and you ignoring me every chance you get is making me feel miserable." He was closer now.

"What do you want me to do? I kissed my brother's best friend. Do you have any idea what that means?" He sighed and started pacing.

"Kyla I can't forget that kiss. I just can't get you out of my mind I don't know what's happening to me but I-"

"Zach please. What happened wasn't supposed to happen. You and I know that it is wrong." He stopped pacing and looked at me dumfounded.

"Wrong? How is it wrong for me to kiss you?" A lady walked in just as he said that. She looked surprised and a little confused at the same time. She heard? Oh no!!

"Uhm I'm sorry to interrupt but I wanted to put these back." She carried a tray of dirty plates. They must have been eating breakfast. I actually came back earlier than I planned because Meg's mom picked her up in the morning while she told her dad she'd come in the afternoon.

Weird right?

"Oh it's okay Brie go ahead." She nodded curtly and did as told. Zach turned to me. "Can we talk in my room?" I looked at this Brie badging into my parents home and doing dishes. Who the hell is she?

Zach took my hand in his and dragged me to his room. I didn't fight I was still processing what just happened and the fact that Brie knows Zach and I kissed now. We got into the visitors room, which apparently he called his now, and he closed the door.

"Who is she?" He looked confused. "That girl in the kitchen."

"Oh. That's the new maid Caleb hired." He seriously went ahead and hired a new one? He's so unbelievable. "I thought you knew about this." I shook my head.

"Rose actually told me but I thought he was bluffing." He nodded.

"So I got to learn that was your first kiss." My eyes almost popped out.

"Caleb" he started laughing. "You're so annoying you know that?" I went to sit in his bed.

"Okay I'm sorry I laughed it's just that your reaction was funny." He came to sit next to me. "You know for a first timer you did good." I chuckled and looked at him.

"Really?"

"Yeah well you have juicy, sweet and tender lips so I guess that's why kissing you is something extraordinarily amazing." My face heated up instantly and I struggled to breathe for a moment.

"Okay that's too much, stop." I looked away to hide my blush and he laughed.

"You're even more beautiful when you blush." Oh my God. This guy isn't backing down is he?

"I think I'll head to my room uhm I have stuff to do." He laughed even louder this time.

"You don't have to lie to me but it's okay. No more ignoring me right?" I nodded quickly then walked to the door closing it and leaning my back on it.