Chapter 70

Week 34: The baby's body has begun to fill out the formation of fat tissue under their skin which will help regulate their body temperature once they are born. Most of the organs are now fully formed and developed.

_______________________________________

Caleb's POV

Kyla paced in the living room thinking deeply. After I told her about Reid she hung up and and hour later showed up at the manor not caring that she had classes tomorrow.

"I cannot believe you invited a murder to my birthday party." She said pacing.

"I didn't know he killed dad okay." I said in defence. "And besides at least now we can tell grandpa we found the killer and he can stop his kidnapping plan."

"I already told him on my way here. He'll be here in the afternoon." She said. "He already had his boys watching the poor girl's every move can you believe that?"

"At least they have been called off now." I said. "Listen I don't think you want to get involved in this any longer. This could get ugly and I don't think that is good for the baby." She looked at me immediately.

"Don't you try and cut me off like that. What is good or not good for my baby will be known by me and not you." She said angrily.

Typical Davison temper.

"Kid listen. I know you want to look that son of a bitch into his eyes and ask him why he did it but that will only hurt you more instead. Please you don't h-"

"Caleb!" She yelled. "Stop." I looked into her eyes and they screamed revenge.

"Okay fine." I pulled out my phone and called James.

"Mr Davison." He started.

"I need him here by tonight." I said.

"I'll bring him over in two hours." If there was anything I loved about James it was his efficiency. He always wasted no time when doing a job. A clean job as well.

"Perfect." I hung up and looked at Kyla. "Are you sure about this?" She nodded hugging her body.

"Yes." I gave her a curt nod. "Does Zach know about this?"

"I haven't told him anything, have you?" She shook her head.

"No. It's actually a good thing he's not even in town. I prefer he doesn't know this side of me." She said. "I'll be in my room, I need to take a shower." She walked off.

Kyla's POV

I closed my door upon entering my room. I swallowed hard trying to erase the big lump in my throat. My head hurt as I felt like it was getting hard to breathe. I took off my jacket and took deep slow breaths until I calmed down. My heart still raced. I felt my eyes sting like I needed to cry.

I sat on my bed crying, all the memories of my parents coming back and clouding my mind. The tears fell off slowly.

"Fuck!" I cursed. I could really use a drink right now. I looked at my small bump and sighed wiping my tears. Fear coursed through me when I thought of drinking. I thought of the harm it could cause my unborn child. I shook my head and took a deep breath looking up. "Let's call daddy." Zach always knew how to calm me down. I facetimed him and he picked up.

"Kyla." He was still in bed. I giggled seeing him looking so sleepy.

"Hey." I started. "I'm guessing you had a late night." He rubbed his eyes.

"Mona took me to the club last night." He yawned. "I can't believe my little sister can party so hard now." I chuckled.

"They grow up so fast don't they?" He let out a chuckle.