Chapter 32

"I said I'm sorry already Kyla come on." I looked over my shoulder to see Hazel.

"And I've already told you I'm not mad. In fact I'm grateful you barged in like that." She looked at me in confusion.

"Wait. If I'm hearing you right, you're saying you are grateful I walked in on you and Zach when you were about to have sex?" I let out a laugh.

"Yes that's what I'm saying." I walked over to the bed and laid on it.

"Why?"

"Because I'm not sure if I am ready yet." She giggled and sat straight.

"So I saved you." I nodded and she laughed a little louder.

"It's not funny, I mean I do love the guy but he's not the committing type so I am not sure I want to be a booty call." I spoke truthfully.

"Ky stop, you're not a booty call stop saying that." I sighed dramatically.

"Hazel he told me himself that committment isn't really his thing. Caleb was right." She got closer to me touching my shoulder.

"He loves you. Yes he's had a past that made him decide on not loving and committing but that doesn't mean he can't change." I looked at her and saw her assuring soft ocean eyes.

"You think I can make him change his mind?" I scoffed at my own words when I realised how insane that was.

"You already have him madly in love with you so why not?" She said.

"Why do you know him so well?" I asked.

"You're looking at your future clinical psychologist Ky." I giggled remembering that she told me what she wanted to do in varsity.

"Okay fine I get your point but...." She shushed me.

"No buts. Just go with the flow, you're only seventeen for heaven's sake why are you thinking about marriage anyway?" I giggled at her. "You know you're one weird teenager."

"Well Zach said the same thing when we first started hanging out." She let out a chuckle.

"So I'm not the only one." I laughed again. "I hope your cute friend Megan isn't weird like you."

"Actually she's not." She smiled and quickly looked away when she saw me looking at her. "Hazel don't you think it's about time you finally told me?"

"Tell you what?" She still didn't look at me.

"That you're attracted to Megan? Every time I mention her name you light up." She gulped. "I sometimes even think you're madly in love with her."

"Well I'm not." She said.

"You don't have to lie to me I won't judge." She gave me an uneasy look. "Is that why you moved from your parents' home?"

"They felt like I was an embarrassment. My uncle was the only one that understood me." I felt so bad for how she must have felt when her parents threw her out.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's not your fault. I just want to be happy you know Kyla. My parents failed to understand that my happiness is important to me. I mean shouldn't it be important to them as well?" I looked at her tears welling in the corners of her eyes.