Chapter 45

Week 9: The placenta is taking shape. It's producing all the progesterone needed for pregnancy and vital nutrients to the embryo. The embryo is about 2.3 centimetres and about 15 grams, as big as a green olive.

_________________________________________

Hazel's POV

"Babe do you think I should check on the lasagna now? I don't want it to burn." She whined. I found myself giggling at her.

"You checked it 5 minutes ago. Relax you won't mess it up." I assured her and she nodded.

"I just want Ky to be proud of me. She's always told me to learn how to cook but I always thought I didn't need to."

Megan is basically thee most spoilt person I've ever known. She literally cannot even make an omelette. Her parents truly spoiled her.

"Why do you think you need to now then?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just hate seeing you doing everything for both of us. Making the bed. Cleaning. Cooking. I mean I cannot even compile a grocery list yet I want to be an event planner." I giggled.

"Event planning is not all about house chores honestly and besides you're good at organising your clothes that's a good start." She chuckled.

"It's still not the same. I suddenly feel like sometimes I'm useless." She said.

"Weeeeeeelllllll" she glared at me and I laughed. I gave her kiss. "Hey it's not too late to change. You're making dinner now, that's not being useless." She smiled.

"You're too sweet I don't know what I did to deserve you babe." I smiled.

Kyla was right. Megan is everything I could ever dream of.

"You started by being beautiful." She laughed, her melodious voice leaving goosebumps on my skin.

"I think you're mocking me, have you seen yourself?" She always says I'm the beautiful one but I think she's perfect in every way.

"Right. Are you sure you mean it? I am the girl who sometimes wears glasses remember?" She grinned.

"And also the one who turns me on like crazy when she has those glasses on." She whispered seductively.

"All of a sudden I feel like I should put them on." She giggled and our lips locked.

Without wasting any time she climbed on top of me pressing my back against the seats of the couch. She asked for permission to explore my mouth and I allowed her. She used her tongue to claim her territory. I moaned. She quickly pulled back snapping her eyes open.

"Lasagna!" She quickly ran to the oven.

"Baaaaaabe! Really?" I sighed frustrated.

"Sorry." She said opening the oven checking again.

Agh!

After almost an hour Ky finally arrived. And guess what?

She was late.

Again.

I wonder if she's ever on time for her classes. I was the type of person who liked being on time or early. That's why Kyla felt like I had a lot in common with Caleb. Well except for that he sure can be scary sometimes.

Flashback

I finally woke up from the bed when I realised I still couldn't sleep even after so many hours of trying. Megan Miller was the only thing on my mind right now. After she came to my room earlier and found me reading I couldn't stop thinking about her. I walked to the outside of the Davison manor to take a walk by the poolside. Maybe after a few minutes I'll be sleepy.