Chapter 47

Week 11: The fetus is about 4.1 centimetres long, about the size of a fig. The head is still disproportionately larger than the rest of the body.

_________________________________________

Kyla's POV

I was tutoring Clyde the next day and he seemed a bit off. Okay not a bit, a whole lot. I glanced at him one last time before blurting out what was on my mind.

"Okay I am distracted by your fowl mood. You are constantly zoning out, I mean you are obviously not hearing a word I'm saying. What is going on with you?" I closed the book.

"I'm fine Kyla let's continue please. I'll concentrate a lot harder now." He said. I could tell he was lying.

"You're lying." I stood up to grab some water.

Ever since I got pregnant I have been doing everything excessively. I eat a lot. Drink a lot of water. The worst is I use the bathroom to pee constantly, not to mention how much sleep.

"I'm just tired but trust me I am okay nothing is troubling me." Still lying.

What do you think is bothering him?

He'll tell you himself.

"I have a spare room if you want to crash." I said gulping down the cool water.

"Thanks but I'm fine. I'll be able to drive home." So he still doesn't want to talk.

"Fine. But for the record, I know you're lying to me. Something is obviously going on with you but you just don't want to tell me."

I went back and we continued with schoolwork. I finished and decided to have an early night.

The next day I had one class but the professor got sick and class was cancelled so I decided to take Hazel shopping to help her change her mind about the dinner that night.

"Look at these shoes." I knew she loved heels so I brought her to the best shoe selling boutique I could think of in 5th Avenue. I also had to buy bigger clothes since I wasn't fitting in most now. Thank God Victoria's Secrets was nearby.

"They look beautiful. Try them on." I giggled.

"Not for me. For you silly." She crooked her eyebrows.

"So let me guess, Megan sent you to butter me up by taking me shopping?" Oops.

"No she didn't." She rolled her eyes. "I swear she didn't send me. I thought of this myself."

"Well thank you for noticing I need new shoes." She said bitterly.

"Hazel stop." I held her arm. "I know you and Meg don't see eye to eye right now but please don't take your anger out on me." She took a deep breath.

"Sorry."

"Okay, now can we take these because I am starving?" She giggled.

After some shopping we went to find a place to eat.

"Thank you for taking me out Ky. The silent treatment between Megan and I is really killing me."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Why did you change your mind about the dinner anyway?" I asked.

"We had a fight about her using me to earn the sister of the year title from her brother. I just don't like when someone does that, and she never apologised or even asked me if I was okay with meeting her family after he left." She said.

"She didn't? Even after I told her to?" I asked.

"Actually after the little talk you had, she did but it was too late and I figured it wasn't coming from her heart she was just doing what she was told to do by you." Oh