Chapter 10

I strolled in the school yards slowly just thinking about my mom. I missed her so much. I remembered her highschool story. Even after so many years I still remember it.

Flashback

"Mom can you tell me a bed time story?" My seven year old self asked.

"Kyla you know all the bed time stories I'd tell you, you read so many books." I giggled knowing how true that is.

"Okay how about you tell me about your school life." She sighed and sat down on the bed with me.

"Honey mommy wasn't a good kid in school I don't want you to learn that from me." Now I was curious.

"Don't worry I know what's right or wrong, you've taught me that." I grinned until she finally spoke.

"Okay well mommy was more of the chaotic teenager. I always told myself nobody can tell me anything. I had a bunch of friends and we'd always go to parties, drink alcohol and do nasty stuff. I'm not proud of who I was and one day I snuck out at night to see my boyfriend, little did I know he was using me as bait so I could be caught by the police in a suspect area of selling drugs.

Well I got arrested that night because of him. He denied knowing me or even having anything to do with me."

"What? He really did that?" She nodded

"Honey some boys are not good so that's why you need to stay away from them. If you notice that he uses you for most of things that are not good, takes you to dangerous places, doesn't respect your decisions then stay away from him. Please promise you will baby." She looked so worried I was even scared.

"I promise mom."
"Thank you sweety." She smiled brushing my face.
"So how did you get out of jail?"

"Well I called him and he hung up immediately he heard it was me, I called our friends and they did the same I guess he told them to do that. I stayed in the cell the whole night. I cried, and thought very hard if this was the life I really wanted to live. I regretted every bad thing I ever did. But then morning came and I knew my parents already knew I was not home and were probably worried since my phone was off. The police had took it along with my other stuff."

"They have the right to do that mommy?" She giggled and nodded.

"Yes baby they have every right to do that. So morning came and I finally called grandpa and grandma. At first I didn't want your grandparents to find out I was arrested because they would be so disappointed but I eventually called them and they came to my rescue.

Your grandfather was a known Politician back in Australia so my case was easily dismissed and my boyfriend was arrested instead but he was already on the run by that time. They destroyed any finger prints taken so I could be free of any criminal record.

So honey that's when my life started to change. I became a good girl I graduated high school then went to college. My parents started being so proud of me and the woman I had become and that made mommy really happy. The End."

"I'm also proud of you mom." She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you honey. Now go to sleep, I love you okay?"

"I love you too mom. Goodnight."
"Goodnight honey." I closed my eyes and sleep came over me immediately.

End of flashback

I giggled remembering the good days with my parents. "I miss you guys but I hope you are in a better place now." I whispered to myself.

They are Kyla.