Chapter 58

Week 22: The lungs, the muscles that will help them work and the tiny alveoli are developing. The eyelids can be distinguished but are not yet opening and closing.

_________________________________________

Kyla's POV

My door creaked open and I turned my head and looked at who was trying to let themselve in. Clyde peeped his head in. I smiled when I saw what he carrying. He opened the door wider and walked in with the tray of food.

"Hey sleepyhead." I giggled and he smiled at me. "I brought you something to eat."

"You didn't have to Clyde." I looked at the food and he had made burnt toast, egg, avocado and some coffee. "It looks yummy."

He smiled and sat down with me. "Are you feeling any better?" I sipped the coffee and he made it just like I liked it.

"The only thing that keeps me going right now is you guys, Zach and my baby." I touched my stomach. "With time I'll be fine."

"I understand." I started eating. "By the way Ari called me. Did you give her my number?" I had forgotten to tell him.

I swallowed and then answered. "Yeah she really likes you."

"Does she have any siblings?" I shook my head.

"From what Caleb said the only family she had was an uncle, his wife and a cousin and they didn't have a healthy relationship." I continued eating.

"Oh just like me huh." He said while I ate.

"Have you eaten?" I asked after it hit me that he might have only made food for me.

He let out a chuckle. "Yeah I did Ky don't worry."

I continued with breakfast with him keeping me company until we left for our first classes.

...

"Hey." I sat down on the couch.

"You look exhausted." I giggled taking my coat off.

"I just had thee most boring lecture of all times." Hazel giggled taking her glasses off.

"I am glad I did not take that subject." We giggled. "I wouldn't cope."

"I can agree with you on that one." I giggled looking at my phone. I had a few missed calls from Ari. "Where is Meg?" I decided to text Ari.

Me: Hey I was in class.

"She went out with her brother." I looked at her surprised.

"Her brother? Wow they were serious about their bonding sessions I see." I giggled.

Ari: Oh I'm sorry.
Ari: I hope I didn't disturb you.

"Seems like they were. Who is that? Zach?" I shook my head.

Me: Don't worry about it you didn't.

"No. Ari. She tried calling earlier." She nodded putting her glasses back on. "What happened to your contacts?" I asked.

Ari: You need to come back home this weekend. What?

"I need to renew them. Why are you frowning? What is she saying?" I looked at Hazel.

"She's saying I need to go back home again this weekend. Do you think Caleb is not okay?" I got worried immediately.

"I don't know, ask her." I nodded.

Me: Why? Is something wrong?

"Okay let's wait for an answer." We did and Ari responded.