Chapter 46

Week 10: The embryo has become a fetus. All vital organs and tissues have been formed and are beginning to function. The fetus can move arms and legs.

_________________________________________

Kyla's POV

I sat on my couch on a Thursday afternoon watching Housewives Of Atlanta. I threw a handful of popcorn in my mouth just as someone opened the door getting in. I looked over my left and I saw Megan.

"Oh hey Meg." She threw herself next to me and took a handful as well. "Don't tell me you and Hazel had a fight."

"Worse. She doesn't want to come to the dinner Saturday night." Not surprised.

"I don't blame her. Hey now that you're mentioning that dinner, when were you actually planning on telling me about it?" She gave a dumbfounded stare.

"Not you too Ky." She said.

"Megan you cannot just decide you're going to see your family and drag us along without inviting us." I threw another handful.

"I thought you guys would understand." The friends you have.

Tell me about it.

"I don't mind covering for you in front of your brother but at least ask if I'm okay with it afterwards." I said.

"But you agreed when Liam was around." Oh boy!

"I had to, for you. I expected us to at least talk about it after he was gone I mean what if I have plans with Zach?" She stared at me.

"I didn't think about that." She said.

"Of course you didn't. Now you understand why Hazel is mad?" I'm guessing she did not talk to her about it either.

"I guess I was wrong, I'm sorry." She said.

"Go and make up with your girlfriend. Apologise to her instead." She sighed.

"She's angry at me. She literally ignores me now and besides she has already made up her mind not to come with me to the dinner Ky so what's the use?" I giggled.

"Just apologise. Trust me she'll change her mind." She sighed dramatically but nodded and got up to their dorm.

I went back to what I was watching. I stayed to watch until the episode ended then I decided to maybe take a nap.

I went to my bedroom and as I passed the mirror I stopped to take a look at myself. I had worn an oversized shirt. That was my wardrobe these days. I pulled it up to get a good look at my belly. I noticed it had enlarged a bit. It still wasn't noticeable but I knew it wasn't this big before.

For 7 weeks I was looking great I guess. But I had noticed my constricting jeans weren't fitting anymore. I couldn't fasten the buttons mostly. I sighed and covered it up walking to the bed.

My phone alerted I had a message. I pulled it out my pocket.

Zach: Mommy dearest😁 I chuckled
Me: Aren't you full of jokes this afternoon. I waited for a few seconds to get a response.
Zach: Are you doing anything tonight?
Me: None that I can think of. Clyde said he wasn't coming either.
Zach: Perfect. I'll come over to pick you up. You don't have classes tomorrow right?
Me: No I don't.
Me: Where are we going?
Zach: You'll see😉
Zach: Be ready by 7:30pm.

Of course he wasn't going to tell me. He liked surprising me all the time. Keeping me on my toes. I put my phone aside and allowed the sleep consume me immediately.