Chapter 14

I finished my dinner and took my plate to the kitchen. Rose had gone to see a family member that was sick so I was left alone to make dinner and eat alone. I thought Caleb would come back as usual and have dinner with me but no. I finished washing my plate then placed it where it's supposed to be.

"Good evening." I jumped at the person greeting.

"Zach! What are you doing here?" How did he even get in?

"I came with your brother relax I did not break in." I gave him a skeptical look. He must have picked up my suspicion. "Caleb!!" He called his best friend. A few seconds later he appeared.

"Hey Kid." I let out the breath I was holding in relief as soon as I saw him.

"Hey." He came closer to inspect my face.

"You look sad, what's wrong?" For someone I've known for less than a month he sure knows how to read my facial expressions.

"Yeah well you missed dinner." His eyes widened.

"I totally forgot. I'm sorry Kid, you ate with Rose?" I shook my head.

"No she's not here, a family member is sick so she went to check on them."

"Leaving you by yourself?"

"With Jerry" I said and rolled my eyes. "I'll be in my room."

"Don't wanna hang out with us before bed?" I looked between him and Zach.

"I'm guessing you're staying for the night?" I asked Zach and he nodded. "Well I'm sorry but not tonight I have to finish studying for tomorrow's exam." I started walking but Zach got in my way.

"I promise you won't regret it Kyla just an hour top." He mouthed please so many times.

"Why do you guys insist so much?" I looked at Caleb and he just laughed. Zach actually did the opposite.

"Kyla what do you suspect?" I shrugged.

"I don't know but it's a little awkward." Zach sighed gaining my attention again. "Thirty minutes." He immediately lightened up when I said that.

"No problem. So how was school today?" He asked pulling me to the living room. Oh right school.

"Well today I found out I'm hated by a teacher." I said so calmly.

"What?!!" They both said at the same time, Caleb following behind us.

"Miss Jones." We reached the living room and threw ourselves on the couch.

"Kyla did she hurt you?" I shook my head at Caleb's question.

"She took me to the principal's office to report me for being drunk this weekend." They both looked so confused.

"Wait. You were drunk this weekend? Where?" Caleb turned his head to Zach.

"Zach shut up if you don't have anything to say. What do you mean where? She wasn't drunk anywhere she was with me at all times." I giggled at these two.

"Then where did her teacher see her? Wanna explain that Mr smarty pants?" That must have offended Caleb but it sure did make me laugh.

"She didn't see me anywhere. Okay she saw the trending article and believed I must have been drunk if I went to the gala and to top it off she said I was the one who said I'm in a relationship with you." I faced Caleb when I said that.

"What? Is the woman crazy or something?" Okay here comes the scary Caleb now.

"Kyla are you sure this Miss Jones is a teacher in that school? I mean what nonsense is that? How can you possibly do that when everyone knows you're a Davison?" I shrugged.