Chapter 4

*beep beep beep*

"Oh no, it can't be morning already." I swiped left to silence the alarm tone on my phone. I looked at the time and saw it was 6:30 am. "Oh God help me. I'm not ready for today." I mumbled to myself then I slowly got out of bed and to my bathroom.

My room had an end suit bathroom and walk in closet. My walls were painted with one of my favorite colors grey but it wasn't dark grey, instead light grey. Just so the room is bright. It wasn't what my parents had painted it when I was young. They thought because I was a girl pink was what the room should look like. EVERYTHING was pink literally EVERYTHING. I even hated coming to my own room sometimes. One day I decided I couldn't live with it anymore so I told them I want it changed.

*Flashback*

"Sweety I think you not thinking straight. Pink is lovely and every girl's color." Mom said in her soft voice trying to convince me to change my mind. I was ten at the time.

"Mom I told you and dad before pink is not my color. I'm in love with black and other nude or dull colours. Pink makes me feel like those dolls you used to buy me when I was little. Why do you guys not understand that?" I really hoped they let me change it.

"Honey I think she has a right to choose what she wants she's old enough now." Dad said looking at mom.

"Vaughn she's still a little young." Mom protested.

"Mom come on. You know very well that's not true. I know what I want." I sat on my bed and she sighed.

"Honey let's give her what she wants she's a good girl she actually deserves it." Mom looked at me one last time before turning to dad.

"Only if she promises not to beg us to change it again in a few years saying she doesn't like it anymore." Her words formed a smile on my face.

"I promise I won't mom. Yes!!" I jumped off the bed and ran to give her a hug. Dad chuckled at my reaction and pat my head.

"Well baby we'll have it changed by tomorrow okay?" I nodded while she kissed my forehead. Yes!!

"Well then Princess tomorrow you are having your room changed, should we also change your wardrobe?"

"Yes I don't like those pink clothes dad." He nodded.

"Very well then, today you'll go shopping with your mom to buy you new clothes with your colors." My dad gave me a big smile and I smiled back and nodded. I ran and gave him a big hug as well. He always made sure I got what I wanted and I loved him for that.

"I'll tell Rose to take the pink stuff to charity. There are some kids who need them you know." Mom announced and I felt really proud of my parents for always giving to needy people, when there was excess.

End of flashback

I got out of the bathroom and blow dried my hair. Rich long ink black hair like my dad's. My mom had wavy blonde hair. But mostly the Davisons had black so that is what I always said I'd use to identify a Davison.

I walked into the closet and walked to my school uniform section. I went to a private school so we had uniform. I'd always find it ironed by Rose in my closet. She was heaven sent.

I grabbed everything I needed including a blazer today. I loved a blazer because I thought it made one look smart and that's what the principal loved about me. Always neat.

I chuckled to myself as I took it out. I went to put my clothes on my bed and started dressing up. I looked in the mirror and was satisfied by my look. I did look smart. I picked my books and shoved them in my bag and put my wrist watch on my left hand. I looked at the time and realised it was 7:11 am.