Chapter 25

"That was quick." I snorted hearing Caleb say quick, I felt like it was hours maybe it's because I'm used to these now I find them boring.

"That's how long they last. I'm hungry." I looked around to see if I could find a place to eat.

"Okay I'll drive you to a place to eat but I can't stay with you, I have a meeting in 30 minutes." I nodded and got in the car.

He took me to a hotel but honestly I would have preferred to go to McDonald's for a takeout. I settled with the place anyway since he was in a rush. I got in and found myself a table in the VIP area, away from the stares and stolen pictures being taken every minute. I could have reported the lady I saw snapping a picture but I chose to ignore it.

"This is boring." I said looking at everyone around who had company and then there was me looking so lost and maybe lonely. "That's what you get when your friends are not around." I sighed and leaned back on my chair.

Wait a minute!

Not all my friends are gone.

Calvin.

He's around, he didn't leave with his brother and Hazel to go mountain hiking.

I dialed his number quickly and called him hoping he's not busy. I mean that would be so embarrassing because I was really hoping to be with him. The last time I was with him was when.....

"Hello? Kyla?" oh he has answered.

"Cal hey, how are you doing?" I really need to stop getting lost in my thoughts while I'm in the middle of something especially conversations. I'm so sure I look like an idiot being lost in my thoughts while someone is talking to me.

"Hello? Kyla are you there?" Oh no I did it again. Shit!
"Y-yeah I am also okay." I hope he said he's okay. "Where are you?" He chuckled before answering.
"Why do you ask? Wanna hang out?" I smiled.
"Yeah I'm actually at a hotel my brother dropped me in. Can you come? I'm bored." Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, I silently prayed.
"Alright send me your location." Yay!!
"Perfect I'll do that." I hung up immediately without even saying goodbye excited he's coming over.

I finished sending the location and signaled for the waitress to come over and a slim brunette came wearing a smile.

"Are you ready to order ma'am?" I giggled hearing someone probably older than me calling me ma'am.

"I'm Kyla you can call me Kyla not ma'am I mean I'm just a teenager." She smirked looking at me surprised.

"It's just that we're supposed to address all customers with respect but if that's ok with you Kyla I have no problem. I know who you are anyway." I wasn't surprised she does. She smiled and I saw her dimple on her right cheek.

"You're beautiful and you seem nice. Okay I like you." She giggled lightly but then composed herself looking around.

"Thanks but I need to take your order Kyla before I get into trouble." She said nervously.

"You wouldn't trust me. Susan is someone I know but I understand. I'll have orange juice for now I'm waiting for a friend." She gave me a curt nod and then walked away. Susan was the manager of this hotel I was in.

I waited for Calvin for only ten minutes and he appeared. I smiled waving at him until he spotted me, he came smiling as well. This boy really is cute.

"Hey" he said sitting down in front of me.

"Hey, that was quick." He let out a chuckle.

"Oh I wasn't far thank you for inviting me over because I am starving." I giggled then looked around for the brunette but I couldn't spot her. I should stop calling her a brunette I should just read her name tag.