Chapter 16

"Finally!! I'm done with high school." Meg shouted making everyone inside the classroom laugh. "Kyla I've been meaning to ask you who's your date to prom?" She asked when we arrived at our lockers.

"I'm not going to prom Meg." But you have to go to Deveon's house tomorrow. Oh my gosh I had forgotten, thanks Em.

"Why not? Come on Kyla." She looked so sad but seriously there was nothing I could do I'm not going.

"I'm sorry Meg I'm not going." I said closing my locker. "I have to go find Deveon did you see where he went?" She shook her head.

"Why do you want him?"

"I need to talk to him." I started walking towards the library but he wasn't there, I rushed to the cafeteria and it was empty. I'm not surprised. I went to basketball court and no sign of him plus it was empty. Okay that's weird. "Where the hell are you?"

"Where the hell is who?" I jumped at the person behind me.

"And how is it your problem who I'm looking for?" She looked at me unsure of what to say.

"So little Kyla finally has a mouth to talk back." I rolled my eyes and turned but she aggressively grabbed my bag dragging me down to the floor. "You think you can lay your filthy disgusting hands on me then get away with it?" So she wants me to beat her again?

I stood up dusting myself making sure nothing is torn.

"Linda listen I'll make it easy for you since it's pretty obvious you and that crazy woman are planning on making sure I'm in the bad books of the school. I'll not lay a hand on you here but listen very carefully, if I see you outside I'm going to make sure you don't recognise yourself after I'm done with you." She did that evilish laugh of hers.

"I'm not scared of you."

"Fine we'll see." I was about to leave but she grabbed me again but this time I aggressively pulled myself forward and my bag tore. "What?!!" I glared at her and she looked surprised at my reaction. "I will kill you!!" I walked towards her balling my fists, while she was backing away looking scared, but something held me back.

"She's not worth it Kyla. Come on let's go." Deveon started dragging me towards the door. I tried to fight him but he was too strong.

"I'm going to kill you the next time I lay my eyes on you, you crazy bitch!!" I screamed as I was dragged out of the court. He let me go when we were outside.

"Are you okay?" I looked at my tore bag and tears started to well in the corners of my eyes. I quickly blinked pushing them back in not letting them out.

"Yeah I'm okay um I actually was looking for you." The last bell rang signalling that it was time to go.

"I was with Mr Clark but then on my way back I heard you shouting." I didn't even realize I was that loud. "Why did you want to see me?" I gulped and we started walking.

"Well I wanted to ask at what time is tomorrow's dinner?" He smiled showing his cute smile.

"You're still coming?" I giggled.

"Yes I'm still coming I promised didn't I?" We turned in the hallway heading to the exit.

"Well I thought you wouldn't anymore considering we haven't talked since I don't know when." I laughed lightly.

"We're done with exams so there's no need not to talk anymore." He nodded.

"I'm still not sure about the time but I'll text you the time okay?" I nodded and we came down the entrance stairs and mostly students of my class were so happy to be finally done with school and hugging each other, others crying because they'll miss their friends. Speaking of friends where is-