dance pt 2

zara pov

The music was blasting loud and everybody looked like they were having fun. I even smelled booze. I'm not really a dancer but if the right guy asked me I would. Me and Tyler decided to sit and relax while the others were dancing.

"Sooooo do you dance?" Tyler asked.

"Do you dance?" I asked.

"Not really but for you I'll make an exception." Tyler said with a smile. After a couple minutes of talking Stefan interrupted.

"We have a problem. Come with me." Stefan said sounding serious. I got up and excused myself from Tyler.

"Wait,what's wrong?" Tyler asked confused.

"Just stay in here and make sure everyone in here Is safe." Stefan said.

"Okay." Tyler said. Then me and Stefan walked out of the auditorium to be greeted by Damon, Elena, And Caroline.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We have company." Damon said. Looking out at the fields. All I saw were a whole bunch of vampires, probably about 100.

"Elena go inside." Damon demanded.

"No I'm staying." Elena said.

"Caroline take Elena now." Damon said. Caroline grabbed Elena's arm motioning her inside the building.

"Just go inside. I can handle it." I said to them.

"No not this time." Damon said.

"I'm not leaving." Stefan said. Are you kidding me.

By the time I could say anything the vampires were all ready close. They just stood there on top of the mountain watching us. Damon decided to communicate first.

"We don't want any trouble." He hollered. One of them stepped forward.

"We Don't want any either. We just want to drain you of your blood." He said pointing at me.

"What if I don't want my blood drained?" I asked trying to be difficult.

"Then well just kill you." He said with a smirk.

"I'll go with option 2, kill me." I said smirking right at him.

"Zara what are you doing?" Stefan said whispering in my ear but I ignored him.

The leader of the group lifted one finger, signaling a vampire from the back to step up and lung toward me but before I could defend myself Damon stepped In front of me and ripped his head off.

"I could have don't that." I mocked.

"Whoops." He said. throwing the head on the ground all nonchalant.

All of a sudden dozens of vampires started lunging at us. Even though Damon and Stefan were young vampires they still put up a fight and were killing most of the vampires. But after killing my last vampire I turned and saw that the vampire Stefan was fighting was getting ready to pull his heart out. My heart sank and I screamed.

"Enough!" I shouted on the verge of tears.

"I'll give you my blood." I said calmly. Damon dropped the vampire he finished killing and looked at me like I was insane.

"Zara don't." Stefan said holding his chest and gasping for air.

"Take me." I said. I wanted the vampire to step away from stefan.

"Good girl." The vampire said.

"Zara." Damon warned. Then the elder vampire walked up to me pulling a knife from his pocket. I just closed my eyes praying to God that he won't make it far with my blood. But before he could stab me Damon ripped off his head.

"Zara are you an idiot!" Damon shouted.

"He was going to kill Stefan." I yelled heaving my hand through my hair.

"I don't want anyone to die because of me." I stated.

"We could have staked him or something. Jeese!" He yelled.

"If he took my blood he wouldn't have gotten far Klaus would have stopped him." I spat.

"But you would have been dead." He spat.

"I'm going to see if everyone else is okay in the dance." I said, helping Stefan get up. He wasn't weak or anything I just wanted to make sure he was okay.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, you don't have to kill yourself for me." He said.

"Yes I do, it's my fault this town is in danger, that's why I need to leave." I said.

"Don't say that." He demanded. But before I could reply Elena and Caroline busted through the doors.

"Wow." Caroline said observing my dress.

"What happened?" Elena asked sounding worried.

"They-" I began but before I could finish Damon spoke. I was going to tell them the actual truth about me.

"They were newcomer vampires just being mischievous." Damon said holding Elena.

"Are you guys okay." Caroline asked. Well all nodded.

"I'm not up for the dance I'm gonna head back home." I said.

"Yeah your dress is really bloody." Caroline said giving me a warm smile.

"I think I'm going to head back home too." Stefan said.

"I'll drive." I said hopping into the drivers seat and taking Stefan's keys.

"Do you guys need me to come?" Caroline asked through the window.

"No well be okay." Stefan said mustering up a smile.

With that said I pulled out of the drive way and headed towards the house.

"Damon still cares about you." Stefan said breaking the awkward silence.

"Even though he pretends to not care." He continued.

"Your right." I said realizing what Stefan was saying is true.

"Shit I should have told tyler I was leaving." I said.

"You can call him." Stefan suggested. After calling Tyler and explaining to him what happened me and Stefan eventually arrived home. We just sat there in the car in silence, staring at the stars.

"I want to kiss you." He said breaking the silence once again.

"I can't." I said slowly. He turned his head to face me.

"Okay." He said then hopped out the car. I can't kiss him I just slept with Tyler last night.

And I'm not a slut.

The rest of the night went by fast, Stefan wasn't really mad at me. Which is why I love him. We sat on his bed and watched stereotypical vampire movies. I know I know I shouldn't be laying in bed with him but I can control myself and we were only watching a movie.

I ended up falling asleep that night with Stefan's arms around my waist.

-