00:01

zara pov

+

"Ma'am how may I help you?"
The cashier asked. He seemed a little annoyed. I looked up from my tumblr feed as I watched him attentively.

"Fifty on pump one."

I watched as he swiped my card in his machine. I studied his appearance. He was wearing a green colored shirt that had the logo of the mart I was in. He had a small quiff with green streaks in it. He seemed like he was in his twenties.

"Would that be all?" He asked while rolling his eyes. I stood their watching him like he was an idiot. I snatched the receipt out of his hand and gave him one last glance.

"Dick." I murmured then stormed out. I quickly open my gas tank pumped my gas, leaving soon after. 

~

Finally after another 2 hours of driving I pulled up to my destination.

The Salvatore house.

Which looked like a fucking museum by the way.

I was nervous & anxious, I haven't seen Damon in forever & all I want to know is why he left all those hundreds of years ago. He just picked up and left me without an explanation. And no. I'm am not still in love with him, I'm just curious to what was going through his mind at that point in time. What drove him away.

I sat in my car biting my lip & wondering how he looks after all these years.

As I was about to get out the car I saw a familiar girl walk out the house. I adjusted my eyes & realized instantly that it was Katherine. I've never seen Katherine in person but I knew exactly how she looks. I waited for her drive away before exiting my car & walking up the front porch.

I knocked twice, anxiously waiting.

Once the door opened I couldn't help but smile. After all these years...

"May I help you?" He asked with a confused facial expression. His hair was styled different and he wasn't wearing his signature leather jacket that he always wore. He grew a little stubble and his eyes sparkled even more than ever. He looked okay I guess.

Since I was staring for longer than I should have. He waved his hands in my face and I quickly snapped back to reality. I awkwardly brushed a strand of hair behind my ears which revealed more of my face. I'm guessing that made him figure out who I was, I can't believe he didn't remember me in the first place. It's not like I aged.

The only thing that's different is my hair color.

"Zara?" He whispered. A shocked look was evident on his face. He looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Hello Damon." I said while crossing my hands over my chest.

A/N: What do you think?