Chapter 14

Recap:

“Ruba … Ruba are you okay? You uh… you look kinda pale…” Amy’s face scrunched up in curiosity and sympathy.

* * *

Ruba grabbed Amy’s arm and dragged her into the house. Behind them, came the others too. They were all confused, and by the look on their faces, scared. Ruba came to a stop at the bottom of the staircase, still holding onto Amy’s arm. Ruba stood still and scanned each and every one of her friends. Her friends didn’t know what was going on through Ruba’s mind, or what was wrong with her…

Joseph gazed at Ruba, as if to say are you okay? What’s wrong? 

Ruba took a deep breath and closed her eyes. As she was breathing out, her eyes started to open; she looked to the ground and sighed a desperate help, “No.”

Just before anyone could react, Ruba ran upstairs to her bedroom and opened the door where she stood there, at the entrance, waiting for the rest of them to come up.

* * *

Amy turned around and gave Willow, Michael and Joseph a what-the-hell? head shake. Amy waved her hand towards Ruba’s room, to motion everyone in that direction.

* * *

Ruba stood behind her bedroom door, holding the door handle whilst Michael, Joseph, Willow and Amy walked in. Ruba scanned what was outside her room and shut the door. Curious if someone was watching – curious if someone was listening.

“No... no I’m not okay.” Ruba walked towards her friends who were sitting on her bed. Ruba turned her back to her friends and walked over to her window. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m getting weaker by the day. Hell, I don’t know if I’ll be alive by tomorrow.”

By this stage, Ruba’s friends all looked frightened.

Ruba breathed in and began speaking again. Ruba was walking up and down her room. “I keep…” She paused at the back of her room and then carried on pacing to the front of her room. “…I keep having these dreams…” Ruba shook her head and placed a hand to her forehead. “… They’re of Naomi. I’m in a room with her. Just us two and I turn horribly veiny and then just disappear…” Ruba paused to compose herself. “… I wake up every morning looking pale and with a banging headache, so bad, that I think my brain is about to explode…” Ruba paused and looked to her friends in a desperate help. “This is where you guys come in; I need your help! I don’t know what these dreams are, or why I’m getting them… I just want them to stop!”

The last line came out as a cry for help. Michael looked at Ruba in grief and stated. “Ruba, I-I-I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but-“Michael was cut off by Amy.

“Ruba…” Amy began. Amy stood up from the bed and walked over to Ruba, staring at her. “I know what the dreams are… I-“

“Wait a minute… you know what the dreams are? Oh, right and I know how to stop them!” Michael stated sarcastically.

Amy turned her head to Michael, eyes fuming. Willow stood up and looked Michael in the eyes and stated. “Now’s not the time for jealousy…”

Michael felt embarrassed and tried to react to what Willow said, but Amy carried on talking.

“I can help… we can help.” Amy stood next to Ruba, so they were side by side. “The dreams are casted. Vengeance. Naomi must have turned to witchcraft for payback. Either that, or she’s paying for someone to do it for her. She’s doing this to Ruba…”

“Can the dreams be stopped?” Joseph asked.

“Of course they can. Ruba will need the spell and the talascment of darkest dreams…”