Checkmate

Finn's POV

" I am coming back. Just keep your eyes open and don't let the guards down from anyone. You know what she is able to do." I said to Ferguson.

" Stop worrying, Finn. We are here." He said.

" Just do it. Keep your eyes open." I said to him." I am going to reach there in 4 hours. Just don't let anyone slip inside Campbell house." I said.

" Relax. Campbell house is a fortress. Besides we all are here we won't let anyone intrude. Nothing will happen when we are here." He said and I was totally frustrated. I don't know what to do while I am in the jet.

" Alright Ferguson. You were there that day as well when when she was killed but you guys couldn't do anything cause she is a tricky witch. You can't get her trick that easily." I said.

" May be it wasn't her. You have just seen someone who just looks like her." He said.

" It could be possible if she wouldn't have smirked at me. Then I could accept that she is not her. May be someone else. But it's her. So for God's sake take care and keep your eyes open before she kills everyone. Damn it." I said.

" I am not joking around as well. I am serious about this. I will take care of it. But the asylum authority said that she has committed suicide a few months back." He said.

" You have already called them?" I asked him.

" Yes I did. The thing is we don't need to bs worried about her cause she is not alive. She can't get to do something to you. I am sure you have seen someone else." He said and I sighed deeply. It's crazy. How can this happiness then!!! I clearly saw it was her

" I didn't saw wrong. I am 100% sure it was her. Don't let the guard down, Ferguson. Do this please." I said and he sighed deeply.

" No worries. I am not going to let the guards down. You take care of yourself and don't stress out. Nothing will happen." He said.

" I am going to come home directly. Just don't let them know now. I will give everyone a surprise. Just don't let Tris go out of the house. It Sunday. He doesn't need to go out of the house. Just tell him to be at home. I will talk to him after I reach there." I said.

" Ok. Ok." He said.

" Talk to you after I reach at home." I said.

" No worries." He said and hung up.

The next 4 hours seemed to be the longest time period of my life. I was so stupid that I couldn't just wait. I was feeling so awkward like something must have already happened there at home. And at last the jet landed on Melbourne which I think took eternity. I just came out of the jet and found Ferguson waiting for me. He gestured me to got into the car and I threw my bag to the back seat and got in the car. Soon we reached home and it felt way to better now. It was still morning. I think no one is awake till now. I went to the kitchen to get some water.

" Get me one too." Ferguson said and he laid down on the couch. I nodded and got water for both of us. I gave him the water and sat on the another couch just tested my back on the couch.

" Finn!! You came back?" I heard Stella.

" Yeah." I said only.

" What happened to you?" She asked me.

" I will talk to you after I get freshen up. I am hungry as well." I said and she smiled patting my shoulder. Then walked towards the kitchen. I went to my room and took shower. I came downstairs and found Stella cooking in the kitchen. I sat on the kitchen table.

" Come on, old man. Come here. Have breakfast then have your medicines." Stella shouted at Ferguson who sat up glaring at Stella which she didn't even care. " Breakfast." She said and he came here sat across me.

" Now you spill boy what happened?" Stella asked me.

" I saw Anahita at Venice." I said and her eyes widened.

" What!!! How can you see her there?! She has committed suicide few months ago." She said to me.

" I saw her, Stella. It's true. I saw her." I said to her.

" Ok, I trust you. But you need sleep. Go, boy. Sleep." She said and I sighed. She didn't trust me. But I followed what she said. I went to my room and slept. I slept for couple of hours. Then wake up when it was lunch time. We had a good time today.

" Wanna play chess?" Bro asked. It's his favorite. I know I can't win but it's like an addiction to me that I want to defeat him one day.

" Sure, Bro." I said to him.

" May be you win today." He said to me.

" No chance but it's ok. I will like to learn some new moves. May be they help me in future to win." I said and he chuckled.

We started to play and it was very exciting even the kids and Stella was there to watch us playing chess.

" What if Finn wins today?" Stella asked Flynn.

" Then I will make the dinner tonight." He said and chuckled. I laughed.

" You have to check the menu and start working, Stella. Cause I am never going to win." I said and suddenly we heard some hus and cry outside. I stood up to check it.

" Sit down, Finn. Finish the game." Bro said. I sat back to finish the game. Suddenly gunshots made me feel so sick. Something is wrong. I stood up again but bro was too calm he kept quiet.

" That move was bad." Bro said and he looked at the door.

As soon as the people entered in my eyes widened. There were a platoon they were armed. I stood up and hide the kids behind me. I was thinking about something like this.  But bro was totally normal. He didn't say anything. I found Ferguson leading them. I almost ripped him apart but they had which they were pointing at us. Traitor!!! No, Ferguson can't do that.

" Ferguson!!!" Stella said in a shocking tone." What is happening?! Why are you guys pointing guns at us.

" Quiet!!" He said and Stella looked at him with a shocked and hurt eyes. I put my arm around her shoulder.

" Comrades, attack!!!" I heard Meryl's voice and I was totally shocked. What is she doing here?!!

" Meryl!!" I tried to convince her but she looked at people with burning rage. She was not alone. Suddenly I saw her comrades with her. Cara, Richard, Nora, Hugh and Dean. I looked at them weirdly. How did they get inside!!! I found them holding whatever they thought can be used as a weapon.

" Seize them." Ferguson shouted. Why Ferguson!!! Just why did you have to betray!!

" Don't touch me." Cara said and kicked the guy was trying to hold her.

" Leave them. You already got us." I said and took away the vase from Meryl which she was holding like a gun. I sighed.

" You didn't give the next move, Finn?" I heard Bro and the same time the door opened and the person entered cleared that I wasn't daydreaming when I saw Anahita back there at Venice.

" Wanna play with me, Mr. Campbell?" She asked Bro. He just nodded.

" Sure why not. It already feels good to checkmate someone double gamer." Bro said with his famous smirk and I calmed myself that he has his second plan means we no need to worry. We can enjoy see her getting checkmated by Bro. I smirked inwardly.