Mystery

Meryl's POV

" What are you guys talking about?" I asked them.

" I will tell you but before that I need to fix it." Nora said. " You heard me talking with Mr. Borris that day, right?" Nora asked Cara.

" Yes, I heard you very clearly, Nora. I am not a deaf." Cara said and Nora chuckled.

" Very well. I know you are not deaf but I wonder what you were doing there in the production house that time." Nora said.

" I went to talk with Johanna. She wasn't there and I wanted to show her Meryl's sketchbook. The drafts was there. I had to talk to her about the fabrics. So I went there but I found you talking with Borris. I didn't want to eavesdrop there but the one word stuck me that place." Cara said.

" Maxfield right?" She asked Cara.

" Yes. I was shocked hearing this from you. Richard have told me several times that you can be in the betrayer team but I didn't pay heed to him because I trusted you. I didn't ever think that you will betray like this. Trust me it did hurt me a lot." Cara said.

" I can feel that. I will explain. Just stay calm for awhile." Nora said.

" You better." Cara said.

" That day you heard a lot, right?" Nora asked.

" Heard you talking about the lawsuit with him and the 10 millions as well." Cara said. She chuckled.

" Then you stepped on something with a loud thud." Nora said.

" Yeah, I had to hide myself then." Cara said.

" Yeah, but I saw you there. You know you didn't find a good place to hide. It wasn't a good place to hide at all." She said. " And you forgot Meryl's sketchbook there." Nora said.

" Yeah, I forgot it there." Cara replied.

" So, you thought that I sold myself?" Nora asked.

" Yeah, you even talked with the employees who worked here before. I have seen it several times." Richard said.

" Even you destroyed our laptop this morning." Cara said.

" Trust me or not it was really an accident." I said. I sighed.

" Can we trust you?" Cara asked her.

" What do you think Meryl?" Nora asked me.

" I stopped prejudging people." I said honestly.

" Better. Why did you think that I can betray? Just because of that conversation you thought I am betraying?" She asked.

" Well, we don't have any idea. You have to explain." Richard said.

" Isn't natural to think like that?" Cara asked her.

" Appearently sometimes what you think of can not be the truth. It's not necessary." She said.

" Or may be it is. Who knows!!?" Cara asked.

" Alright. I need to explain everything from the start. It started when the previous employees cheated on us. We were in trouble. Then I decided to call Meryl. Cause she could get us out of this situation. When Meryl started to work here the Maxfields became more aggressive. They tried to harm us every possible way they could. Now do you remember that when you guys joined you heard Finn fired Dean and Hugh?" Nora asked.

" Yeah. I was shocked as well." Cara said.

" Well, it was a drama. Meryl knows this part, right?" She asked me and I nodded.

" I knew this. That is why I kept rejecting the idea that Nora is cheating on the company." I said.

" Sweet of you." Nora said and I rolled my eyes.

" Well, the part of the drama you have seen Richard. That the old employees thing is totally the drama. You have seen Hugh, Dean and I were talking to them, that was part of a plan." Nora said.

" I didn't get a single word. Talk in English. I don't know Hebrew" Cara said. I chuckled.

" Well, from the start the Maxfields were trying to use the employees against the authority. So they bribed them. Then it was cleared that they will keep doing that. In that case they will try to reach the most trustworthy employee of the company who are Hugh and Dean. So, it was a drama to get them fired so that they contact with them easily and try to ask them the secrets of the company. And that's what happened. They take that bait. It was easy for me to find out the spy then. I did it too. It's Jayce the production executive and Borris the factory incharge. They were spilling news to them." Nora said.

" Then why did you not tell Finn about it?" I asked her.

" We were not sure and he was busy then. So we decided to keep it secret for then." She said.

" Then why we you discussing this matter in the office when we know they are in the same floor?" I said.

" Relax, they are not. I assure you." Nora said smirkingly.

" How do you know?" Richard asked.

" Cause they have found out that I am cheating on their boss." Nora said snd chuckled.

" Oh, God!! Now what?!" I asked her.

" Calm down. You no need to be worried. They are not going to do anything." She said.

" How do you know?" Richard asked and Nora took out her phone and call someone.

" Hello!!" She said.

----------------

" Yes. Where are you two?" She asked. Did she call Hugh and Dean?

---------------

" Ok, got them?! Fantastic." She said. " I told them everything. Let us have a view of the traitors." Nora said and cut the call. In a while she got a call and she took it.

" See?" She showed us her phone. I looked at the phone weirdly.

" What the f, man?!! What the f!!!" Richard said holding the same expression as mine.

" You guys kidnapped them!!" Cara said in a shocked tone. Cause what we saw was Jayce and Borris was tied with a chair and Dean was there looking at them.

" Not like kidnapping. They will be free the day after tomorrow as soon as Maxfields case gets closed." She said.

" Are you guys crazy!!" Cara asked.

" We are not traitors." Nora said firmly.

" Alright, I am sorry for that." Cara said.

" I didn't prejudge anyone." I said.

" You are always the sweet kid." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" One thing is still not cleared." Richard said.

" Which one?" Nora asked.

" Who called the fabrics house claiming herself Cara to tell them make delay to send the package?" Richard said. Yes, it's still a mystery.

" Jayce used some bi*ch to do that. No worries she will be caught soon. Just you 3 be safe these 2 days." She said.

" The case is getting closed in 2 days?" I asked her.

" Yeah. Most of the employees already accepted that Maxfields bribed them. They were speaking against Maxfield. Soon the case will be closed and another case against Maxfield will be filed." Nora said.

" Woah!!! That was confusing. I was literally doubting on everyone I see here. Even there were moments I thought I myself is the traitor." Richard said and I chuckled.

So, this was the mystery!!!