Truth Is Bitter

Meryl's POV

" I did it, Anna. I told you that you will hate me after knowing that." Dad said. No it wasn't true. I couldn't hate him. I was hating myself now. Because I can't hate my parents.

" Tell me, Dad. Continue." I said and he sighed deeply.

" That time I shut myself cause my business was again down and I needed money." He said and stopped for awhile looking at the sky.

" Then?" I asked him.

" Then Theodore was born and Daviana said to me that she wants to cut off all the relationship with me because she had a son now. She needed to take care of him. But being that stubborn guy I kept threatening her all the time to come back to me but it wad too late. Suddenly one day Adam's mom died. This was the weakest point of his that his mom died. I became more close to him which Daviana never wanted. She wanted him to stay away from me." He said.

" Then?" I asked him.

" After that Daviana tried to ignore me as much as she could. But for Adam she couldn't pick me out of her life." He said. " One day Adam came to know that Daviana and I used to be lover. He thought that we still love each other when the truth was she learned to love him already. I don't blame him. I mean we are talking about Adam Roberts who could even melt anyone's heart with this kindness then Daviana wasn't out of them. She was also a human and she fall for him. But as I told you Adam loved her too much to let her be unhappy in her life. He wanted her to be happy in every mean. He wanted her to be happy with me. He decided to let her go but she wasn't going to leave him anyways cause she already decided to live the present forgetting the past. I still remember that day when everything turned into the worst." He said.

" Which day?" I asked him.

" The day Adam died." He said and I gulped.

" How did he die?" I asked him.

" He was shot." He said.

" Did you guys kill him?" I asked in a flat tone.

" No. We didn't. But Daviana's brother did it." He said and my eyes widened. He killed Adam Roberts!!

" He killed him?" I asked dad.

" It was mistakenly happened." He said.

" Well how?" I asked him.

" That evening I was in Roberts house. Adam kept insisting her to come with me but she wasn't ready to let him go. It was a big fight and Daviana God knows from where got the gun threatening me to get out of the house and continuously saying if Adam keeps telling her to come with me then she will kill herself. But her brother who used to hate me from the beginning was there as well. He wanted to kill me so that his sister lives a happy life. But when he shot me his target got missed. His bullet got Adam instead of me and he died. Seeing all these he shot himself and killed himself. This is how Daviana lost both her husband and brother in front of her eyes." He said and I closed my eyes and tears slipped on my cheeks I just couldn't hold them anymore.

" After that she became emotionally imbalanced. She was in deep depression and it was easy for me to take her away from there. I did the same. I took her away from there. She wasn't in her right mind and kept doing everything that I tell her to do. After Adam's death all the properties were of Theo's and if he is not alive as well then his mom's. This why I decided to leave Theo in the orphanage. I assured that no one ever knows that he is Adam's son. I could easily kill him but I decided not to. He was only 4 then. When Daviana was a bit normal she kept asking about Theo but I just told her that for her his dad has died. He will definitely hate her when he will grow up. It's better to abandon him. She was very shocked. She never wanted to leave him but I made her accept that Theo thinks she is the killer and he looks like Adam. So he will always keep reminding her about Adam. This is how I was successful to separate a mother from her son." He said. I wiped my tears and some more slipped on my cheek.

" I did the best that Daviana start to hate Theo and that happened. I continuously kept reminding her about Adam and the sense of guilt kept eating her. This is how she started to get scared to face Theo. This fear became hatred. She started to hate him the most." He said. I kept listening like a dead person. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I was frozen.

" So, I kept reminding her that how she should destroy Theo whenever she meets him again and she was influenced by that. I was successfully made the innocent Daviana an evil one who started to hate her own son whom she used to love a lot. I was happy, definitely I was cause I already took my revenge on Adam. I was a psychopath. I hated Theo so much. I wanted to kill him as well to have the peace of mind. But as it said good deeds keeps spreading even after death. Adam was that person who never said no to that person who asked for help. People used to love him. This why some of them found Theo out and take him way. Years passed away but I couldn't find him out. We found him out when he found his mom with you. But no matter what happens to him Theo never hated his mom. Neither then nor now. He can't hate his mom. It's truth." He said. " Even though she tried to destroy him to taking out her frustration on him but nothing worked on him. He still kept loving her." He said and I kept listening while my eyes kept tearing. Someone said right truth is bitter.